Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meaningless post in the grand scope.
Meaningless post in the grand scope.
Lots of movies and TV shows of course are filmed and made in Hollywood. Thus many of the car scenes display the licence plate. Well, it's been long since they changed the color of California plates, but I always loved the blue background with the yellow letters and numbers. Yellow and blue combo have been a long time fave of mine.  I also love the old yellow Rams horns on the NFL blue helmet. It was also my HS colors too. 

And how does this solve pressing world issues? It doesn't.
RE: Meaningless post in the grand scope.
NY changed it's plates to pretty much that. Everybody was pretty pissed that we lost the blue on white with red lady liberty in the middle. Meh, in the end it was just a way to raise some needed revenue.

http://secondavenuesagas.com/2009/11/12/...e-swindle/

Quote:David J. Swarts, Commissioner of Motor Vehicles and Chair of the Governor’s Traffic Safety admitted as much. “The bold colors of the new license plate reflect New York’s force and its resilience,” he said. “These new plates, in the official colors of the State of New York, will help maintain highway safety, reduce the number of unregistered and uninsured vehicles on our roads, and generate $129 million in General Fund revenue over two years, which will help address the State’s financial crisis.”

I like the part about our "force" wtf was he talking about? Probably our secret plan to invade Canada and get the good side of the falls!
"I'm thick." - Me

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Tongue Happy Birthday to The Grand Nudger! arewethereyet 12 1237 December 18, 2021 at 8:57 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Self entitled meaningless rant. Brian37 4 745 October 22, 2018 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  meaningless sex, or loving affection? Catholic_Lady 46 4965 December 21, 2016 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Grand theft auto, a boys game jonb 2 1393 January 13, 2013 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  Muslims drive explosivestruck into Grand Coulee dam Puddleglum 9 3224 September 12, 2012 at 6:03 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  AFL Grand Final Draw! ib.me.ub 2 1110 September 27, 2010 at 12:38 am
Last Post: theVOID