Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 9:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Self entitled meaningless rant.
Self entitled meaningless rant.
Ok, I am a news junkie, but about an hour ago my cable TV started cutting in and out not to the point of no picture, but choppy and jumping pixels. On top of that my internet started slowing down at the same time. My internet is fine right now, but something has gone wrong. I think it is my neighborhood because my just asked my neighbor if they had internet and they said no. I think it is directly related to the pylon outside my house next to the street. 

Now it is fucking really weird because everything is fine now. I don't want to call the cable company back because everything seems fine now, only to have it crap out again. And just as I typed this last sentence, it chopped out very slightly again. 

I just don't want to be this guy trying to tell everyone the frog really does sing. 

Funny new word in their customer service language was "escalation", and I took that to mean that if they couldn't talk you through a technical problem with your end in the house they'd send a unit out to check the line itself. Still a funny word, "escalation" like there was a war about to start.
RE: Self entitled meaningless rant.
Have you tried sacrificing a chicken to the ghost of Bill Gates?
(October 15, 2018 at 6:20 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Have you tried sacrificing a chicken to the ghost of Bill Gates?

He's not dead yet and I have no desire to murder anyone for that matter.
DAMN IT, cable and internet went out AGAIN, for about 5 minutes, then came back on. I swear when the tech comes over, he is going to say, "Yea right Brian, you have a singing frog." LOL........
I've been less than impressed with Playstation VUE streaming television service. Their 'free' DVR service suffers from stuttering and buffering so badly it's almost useless, but it's the best way to watch replays of NFL games without hoarking over a wad of cash for NFL Game Pass. I'm subscribed to Playstation VUE because they offer more channels that I need during football season, but after that's over, I'm going back to Sling TV. They're half the price without DVR, and I can add DVR service for $5 a month. I'm not sure, but next season I may abandon this cord cutting and go back to cable television. I originally cut the cord because Comcast removed the NFL Network from the subscriber tier that I belonged to (and could afford). Since then, they've offered it as a part of their $10 a month sports package. So, once again, they fucked me in the ass just for a few pennies more. Cable with the NFL Network and DVR may be about $20 more a month, but it beats the shit out of the crappy streaming I'm getting out of Sony's Playstation VUE when it comes to shows that I put on the DVR service.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why should I be ashamed? A rant by a Mexican. J a c k 61 10475 March 20, 2018 at 6:26 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Low self esteem, feelings of worthlessness, and lack of purpose Catholic_Lady 63 8770 August 2, 2017 at 3:13 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  Self Wipe Toilet Tissue Aid KUSA 112 32827 May 13, 2017 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Self-Identities as a Mermaid Neo-Scholastic 15 1965 January 18, 2017 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  meaningless sex, or loving affection? Catholic_Lady 46 4998 December 21, 2016 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Can I rant for a second, about parents NuclearEnergy 12 2203 December 20, 2016 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: PETE_ROSE
  OP/ED RANT... "You live in your parent's basment" Brian37 59 9464 May 1, 2016 at 6:39 am
Last Post: Brian37
  The-Boring-Self-Absorbed-Rambely-Bullshit-Thread Edwardo Piet 38 5421 April 19, 2016 at 2:28 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Meaningless post in the grand scope. Brian37 1 462 April 11, 2016 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Goosebump
  Your self in real life vs on AF Catholic_Lady 94 12576 February 5, 2016 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet