Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One time I do defend big business.....
One time I do defend big business.....
Everyso often you see some moron on video in a plane or in the airport giving the staff a hard time over really stupid shit and for very selfish reasons. Once again some stupid bitch took it out on staff over what? BAD WEATHER! 

What the fuck? Ok, so where you have to go is more important than the safety of the plane itself? The plane got delayed because of high winds, which can literally cause a REAL crash and kill people. YOU STUPID FUCKING BITCH!

Look I get it, nobody likes delays, but especially with air travel, it isn't like a flat tire where you can pull over and change it. GROW THE FUCK UP! It is not the airlines fault for putting safety first.

This is what I hate about our western marketing. It isn't business by itself, but the quick satisfaction and selfishness it constantly sells, and as a result people become so selfish and their sense of entitlement causes them to be pricks for no good reason.

Back in 2000 when I went to Japan, we had a lay over in Chicago. The flight was delayed for 2 hours. The reason, the flight path had to wait for a HURRICANE over the Pacific to move out of the path. Did I bitch? No, in fact I went to the counter an THANKED THEM.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel...-gate.html
RE: One time I do defend big business.....
Now having said that, if you get upset with the back up plans, remember also, that the employee is NOT the CEO and is not in the boardroom, if there is a lagit problem with something it is NOT ok to take it out on the employee. It is the business model and the CEO who sets it up, not the employee at the counter.

I will say that business does too much create so much buffer between the counter and the boardroom big business does far to often pit the customer against the employee. Now, that part DOES need to stop. In this situation a better argument to be made, isn't in the moment, but maybe appeal to the company to create better back up plans that don't have you sitting a the gate for hours. But safety is always first especially with a jet.
Some adults have the impulse control of 3 year-olds.  Whatever they think goes straight to their vocal chords without being filtered by their brains.

That said, if the airlines did not treat people like shit 99% of the time maybe they'd get cut a little slack.
Griping about bad weather when flying is so futile.

Strap the kunt to a weather balloon and make sure she's holding a metal frame umbrella . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(April 12, 2016 at 11:41 am)Minimalist Wrote: Some adults have the impulse control of 3 year-olds.  Whatever they think goes straight to their vocal chords without being filtered by their brains.

That said, if the airlines did not treat people like shit 99% of the time maybe they'd get cut a little slack.

Again this is not "fuck big business" vs " We're rich so we know what's best for everyone".

I'd only agree that there is a huge lack of self introspection by far too much of the top in any business. To add to the crappy attitude to customers, some airlines are seeking to maximize seating as if passengers are not already sardines. That part I do agree with is shitty. But safety, especially any form of transportation, if your car/flight was crashing every other trip you would not be in business. 

Safety first especially with something like air travel. But this is what big business does. It has learned to pit the customer against the low level employee then blame the employee for what they set up, alot like a god claim. Pit the consumer against your employee to take the attention away from the head boss.
Quote:Again this is not "fuck big business" vs " We're rich so we know what's best for everyone".

That's the wrong analogy.  Better is "if you want to fly do what we say...otherwise walk, asshole."

Makes a difference.
(April 12, 2016 at 4:31 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Again this is not "fuck big business" vs " We're rich so we know what's best for everyone".

That's the wrong analogy.  Better is "if you want to fly do what we say...otherwise walk, asshole."

Makes a difference.

Ok, I can go with that, but it sounds the same. "I have money and power so fuck you if you object".

Again, I am not going to claim even with the jadedness that that dominates the top, that it is always about money. Like I said in the prior post, if every other flight ended up in flames nobody would fly. I only blame the climate of thought, not the individual. I think far too much of the top is stuck on numbers and yes greed plays a part. 

The market globally is not pragmatic. The competition is about profits far too much than it should be. The competition is not for the consumer, but a dick measuring contest between the top. If it were pragmatic as an over all climate, we'd see less stories like this, not more. But, when you can make a quick buck selling the average Joe an unrealistic utopia, yes, you are going to end up with stupid bitches like that.
Yeah - there are exceptions.

Sometimes the fucking pilot is just an asshole.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...39739.html

Quote:United Airlines pilot makes emergency stop and kicks child with autism off plane because he 'felt uncomfortable'
(April 12, 2016 at 4:57 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Yeah - there are exceptions.

Sometimes the fucking pilot is just an asshole.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...39739.html

Quote:United Airlines pilot makes emergency stop and kicks child with autism off plane because he 'felt uncomfortable'

Yea, that is an outlier. I think just like doctors, air flight is not something you fuck with, I don't think that the company's sales pitch should override the discrimination of the pilot or especially air traffic control. No, I don't want a drunk pilot flying the plane but at the same time, some bigoted dick denying someone with a "funny" name or different skin tone access to a flight. 

It's a balance in the end, and with this OP the customer in this case was being totally unreasonable. The only thing that can be said is that it does not help that big business DOES sell quick satisfaction, which lead to her meltdown.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GOP chooses to protect former guy and big lie. Brian37 11 823 June 1, 2021 at 6:26 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Big Lee Removed from US Capital Brian37 6 815 December 21, 2020 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Big Bang in Beruit onlinebiker 66 2925 August 16, 2020 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  He likes big butt dials and he cannot lie. Brian37 1 482 October 26, 2019 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: no one
  One of Obamacare’s big experiments to lower costs is working surprisingly well Aegon 9 791 September 5, 2018 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Trump Jr. & Eric have new business selling shit from China Fake Messiah 1 560 March 21, 2018 at 11:26 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Here's A Great Big "Fuck You." Minimalist 1 393 February 13, 2018 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot chimp3 14 5107 September 10, 2017 at 5:02 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  No Big Piece Of Chocolate Cake This Time Minimalist 1 541 August 2, 2017 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  This Will Go Over Big With The Tweeting Twit Minimalist 3 1431 June 15, 2017 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: Minimalist