Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How multiculural are you?
How multiculural are you?
Guys, I'm noticing that a lot of Americans eat a lot of weird ass shit! 
Names I can't pronounce. I'm picturing you all sounding like Speedy Gonzales!?

Am I correct? What is it? Asian influence? Latin? Mexican? Bit of everything?
I know the Brits love their Indian food too.

Here in Au, we do have all the multicultural food places, but they're a bit of a novelty. Something you do maybe once a fortnight/month?
It seems like you guys have assimilated the exotic foreign cuisines into your day to day lives ...

Can someone tell me what a typical normal everyday food is (not junk/fast) which is traditionally American?!
Or is there no such thing anymore? Does it depend on where you grew up?

How often to do eat weird stuff I can't pronounce?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: How multiculural are you?
My favorite to go dinner is sushi, kettle chips and a cupcake. It's what I like. Sushi is Japanese, the other two are patently American, I think. I just don' care. I like what I like and if it's for foreign origin, fine. But if it's of American origin, fine. If I found myself strolling Caledonian Lane, Melbourne, and in a rush, I saw a Subway, I'd get a meatball sub without any worries.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
American food....umm steak and potatoes? Hotdogs and macaroni and cheese? I don't know. I don't eat American food.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
How about this? It's Philly cheesesteak with onions peppers mushrooms and bacon. That's pretty American.
[Image: Down61y.jpg]

0/10

Multicultural? I wish. I'm afraid I have no culcha at all.
Fucking hell Lostykins... you just have the greatest pallette ever.

I've never seen such a delicious variety of meals as the ones you choose to eat.
Speaking of cheese steaks...the best place to get a Philly cheese steak is in, of course, Philly. I am just an hour and a half west of there and twice a year I make the pilgrimage to Philly just so I can sink my teeth into one of those babies. Oh the joy of a mouthful of steak, cheese and fried onions!

There is Captain Harvey's down in Dundalk, Maryland, and while they do an awesome job, one from Philly is simply amazing.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I'm not sure. We routinely eat:

Steak/chicken with sides (wife hates pork, lamb, fish)
Italian (pizza or pasta)

Hispanic (mainly enchiladas)
Asian (stir fry)
Cajun (usually etouffee or jambalaya)

Once or twice a month I get a wild hair and we get czech/german/greek or I'll got to the speciality meat store and get something from my childhood to cook like deer, rabbit, duck, goose, buffalo, goat .........

I'd eat more sushi/sashimi but my wife considers that bait.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(April 12, 2016 at 9:25 am)Nymphadora Wrote: Speaking of cheese steaks...the best place to get a Philly cheese steak is in, of course, Philly. I am just an hour and a half west of there and twice a year I make the pilgrimage to Philly just so I can sink my teeth into one of those babies. Oh the joy of a mouthful of steak, cheese and fried onions!

There is Captain Harvey's down in Dundalk, Maryland, and while they do an awesome job, one from Philly is simply amazing.

I've never been to Philly so I'm stuck making my own

0/10

A lot of fairly idiosyncratic American food in Pennsylvania; as many have mentioned, Philly Cheesesteak might be the best example (wiz wit foo's).

One of the favorite foods in the middle of the state is Chicken and Waffles. It's what it sounds like: waffles, topped with chicken. Usually with gravy, but occasionally with syrup. I've never been partial to it myself but a ton of my friends growing up consider it a delicacy of delicacies.

Buffalo wings? Those are primarily American, right?

In my typical week, I'll eat thai food, Japanese food, multiple subs/sandwiches and such, a salad, a few slices of pizza, etc. Sometimes, though increasingly rarely, I have "Chinese" food (Chinese take-out in America might be the most American of all!)
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.