Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I fucking give up
I fucking give up
http://youtu.be/_bMBbZNiAYg

I already know this movie is gonna suck. Not because of the whitewashing. They obviously learned nothing from Dragon Ball and The Last Airbender (yes, yes anime inspired but not anime. I fucking know that! I watched it and the Legend of Korra). But because they don't give a shit. They don't respect anime or its fans. They just throw some radom shit together use some similar probably mispronounced names, and Michael Bay style explosions then call it live action. Geez. Anime and its fandom gets no respect. I'm not giving this movie a rusty nickel. Fuck this movie.
RE: I fucking give up
Quote:They just throw some radom shit together

I know I'm an old fart but that seems to be SOP because the last thing people want is originality.  Car chases and explosions are what counts.
(April 19, 2016 at 2:26 am)Minimalist Wrote:

I know I'm an old fart but that seems to be SOP because the last thing people want is originality.  Car chases and explosions are what counts.
That is why they FAIL! Anime is all about the story!
I have to admit I don't have a clue what anime is.

When I say old fart I mean OLD FART!
(April 19, 2016 at 2:30 am)Minimalist Wrote: I have to admit I don't have a clue what anime is.

When I say old fart I mean OLD FART!

You're sweet Minnie but I'm not sure this for you.
You're probably right.
(April 19, 2016 at 2:26 am)Minimalist Wrote:

And boobs. Don't forget the boobs (which I strongly suspect is how Johansson gets most of her 'acting' gigs).

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Butts in seats is all that counts. ScarJo brings people that may not even be interested in the anime, and most fans of the series will see it anyways. It's a win win for the studio. They're not even remotely concerned with making an artful product.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(April 19, 2016 at 4:08 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: Butts in seats is all that counts. ScarJo brings people that may not even be interested in the anime, and most fans of the series will see it anyways. It's a win win for the studio. They're not even remotely concerned with making an artful product.

Wait...wait...are you saying that big-budget studio films are *gasp* profit motivated? I am profoundly shocked...

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Glad I could pull the wool, Boru.

That'll be just $3.99, sir.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My English is fucking awful but this... Succubus 2 399 July 1, 2019 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  You Have To Give Saturday Night Live Credit Minimalist 0 363 October 22, 2017 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Soundtrack for fucking, your recommendations please. Whateverist 47 2811 November 19, 2016 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The Daily News' Liberal Redneck on the Fucking Ark Minimalist 2 597 July 14, 2016 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  AfterDeath movie: FUCKING WOW Foxaèr 0 736 January 24, 2016 at 12:49 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  me playing some fucking brutal guitar Funt Clap 6 1087 November 24, 2015 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: Funt Clap
  "I won't give you the gift of hating you" - Antoine Leiris Heat 14 2491 November 20, 2015 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Peter Gabriel, Don't give up orogenicman 1 1410 May 16, 2012 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  I'll give them a B for effort. leo-rcc 16 3546 August 16, 2010 at 2:24 am
Last Post: leo-rcc
  I fucking love Bogosity! theVOID 3 1628 August 25, 2009 at 11:32 am
Last Post: Demonaura