Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 9:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As an atheist, what angers you?
As an atheist, what angers you?
"We should be offended when children are told they will spend an eternity in hell" - Richard Dawkins

As an atheist you know what really grinds my gears?
Allot of things. So I think I'll make a small list.

1. It seems you have to be a Christian in order to run for any office in the United States.
This gets me so angry it makes my blood boil.
Would you hire a technician based on his/her worldview?
Of course not.
So why don't people in the United States trust atheists in positions of government?

2. Christians who are against seperation of church and state.
Jesus Christ, I hate people like this.
Anyone who puts the Bible or any religious text over the Constitution and uses it to justify unconstituational laws SHOULD NOT be in any office.
Have we not learned already that the lack of seperation of church and state is a bad thing?
The Inquisition and the unjustice done under sharia law are both examples of what happens when the principle of seperation of church and state is not enforced.

3. The existence of religious private schools.
As someone who has gone to multiple religious private school all his life, I will say that in religious private schools they hardly if at all talk about evolution.
Now here I am a Senior, and I want 12 years of my life back so can get a proper education.
This pisses me off.

As an atheist what gets you angry?
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then He is not omnipotent. Is He able, but not willing? Then He is malevolent. Is He both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is He neither able nor willing? Then why call Him God?" - Epicurus
RE: As an atheist, what angers you?
All those things make me angry.

Indoctrination really pisses me off the most I think. It's the only way a particular religion can survive, and it's disgusting.

The idea that "faith" is anything other than wishful thinking.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Being considered member of some group, club or hive mind. I'm me and atheism isn't what defines me. It's only the smal part of not believing. What makes me as a person is an entirely different matter.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
In short? Catholics in my country.
The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.

The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.

Socrates.
(April 21, 2016 at 1:25 pm)abaris Wrote: Being considered member of some group, club or hive mind. I'm me and atheism isn't what defines me. It's only the smal part of not believing. What makes me as a person is an entirely different matter.

Totally agree. This happens so often round here it needs its own special name.

Religionising atheism?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(April 21, 2016 at 1:25 pm)Ivan Denisovich Wrote: In short? Catholics in my country.

The most rabid ones Europe has to offer right now.
(April 21, 2016 at 1:30 pm)abaris Wrote:
(April 21, 2016 at 1:25 pm)Ivan Denisovich Wrote: In short? Catholics in my country.

The most rabid ones Europe has to offer right now.

That's the truth. Sadly.

But it is not new phenomenon catholicism was on the rise since transformation one could say. Clergy worked fast which is evidenced by signing concordat in 1993.
The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.

The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.

Socrates.
(April 21, 2016 at 1:35 pm)Ivan Denisovich Wrote: But it is not new phenomenon catholicism was on the rise since transformation one could say. Clergy worked fast which is evidenced by signing concordat in 1993.

I'm aware of that. I consider that a backclash from the days when religion was the forbidden fruit and one of the few ways to show disagreement with the regime.
Angers ?

The seeming correlation between the less talent a religious fraud has and the greater the success they experience. Smith, Robertson, Smith, Swaggart, Robertson, Smith, Bakker, Smith, Meyers, Dollar, and that Mormon idiot, Smith spring to mind.

Oh, yeah, Joe Smith, too.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

As an atheist I am angered by these things:

Stubbing a toe, pisses me right off
Terrible drivers
Abusive parents (of human and animal children)
Lack of coffee
Servers who have the audacity to attempt to add cream or sugar to my coffee
Being required to wear panty hose for any reason
Breaking a nail

There are probably more things
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Closet Atheist Coming Out and Telling Family and Friends You're An Atheist Cholley71 10 7016 September 27, 2016 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Minimalist