Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concatenation of Posts
Concatenation of Posts
Powers that be, 

A while back I posted to two different people consecutively in the same thread, with nobody posting between my posts, and the forum concatenated my posts. What did I do wrong? 

Thanks, 
Shadow_Man
RE: Concatenation of Posts
It's by design if you post in quick succession.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(April 21, 2016 at 7:24 pm)ignoramus Wrote: It's by design if you post in quick succession.

Correct, but only for relatively new users. It's intended to minimize crapflooding by spammers.
This is actually a pretty good thread! I thought the OP was throwing around big words just for fun. 

IMHO, the concatenation tribute is a good thing regardless of veterancy (is that a big word, too?).
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I thought it was something dirty.

Angel
Coprophagia . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Not falling for it!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
It used to be that all members got the horizontal rule [ hr ] between consecutive posts but within the edit window. We changed it because people wanted to respond to different posts in a thread without having the posts merged, among other things.

I hope that made sense, I am nearly delirious from lack of sleep.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
ignoramus,

Thanks for the prompt and helpful response.

Thanks to Cthulhu and SteelCurtain as well. I would have responded to each of you separately, but the posts would likely have been concatenated anyway.

Regards,
Shadow_Man
SteelCurtain,

Crap! At what time or number of posts will this concatenation thing stop?

Shadow_Man

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A request to delete my posts in the members photo thread WinterHold 30 4753 July 1, 2020 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Today's Posts? Yonadav 9 1659 March 23, 2019 at 1:00 am
Last Post: Sal
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Is there a quick way to view new posts in an existing thread? fromdownunder 6 1383 September 18, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Post concatenation question Angrboda 14 2073 April 20, 2018 at 7:48 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  List Posts BrianSoddingBoru4 15 3087 April 7, 2018 at 8:02 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Issue with clicking "View New Posts" Foxaèr 5 1397 July 23, 2017 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Spam Detection (READ THIS IF YOUR POSTS KEEP DISAPPEARING) Tiberius 30 15978 July 4, 2017 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  All posts in this thread have vanished! Aroura 0 1059 February 15, 2017 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: Aroura
  Mafia game threads showing in "Today's Posts" lists Ravenshire 18 6571 February 5, 2017 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire