Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Romanian hacker Guccifer just handed the nomination to Senator Sanders?
Romanian hacker Guccifer just handed the nomination to Senator Sanders?
H. A. Goodman is an author, columnist and journalist. And to read his writing and to see his latest CNN appearances, and his MSNBC appearance from last year, you can go to: http://hagoodman.com/

Some of the points raised in the below video:

Romanian hacker Guccifer has said that he "used readily available software" to hack into Clinton server and that he hacked it several times. How many people like Guccifer are there that hacked into her server? Like I said before, people are likely blackmailing Clinton now. What if terrorists hacked into Clinton's server?

Michael T. Flynn (who served as the director of the Defense Intelligence Agency) has said Hilary Clinton put national security at risk and that she should drop out of the race. So that's interesting.

And Robert Gates (Obama's former Secretary of Defense) has said it's very likely that  foreign nations hacked into Clinton's basement server. He also served for 26 years in the Central Intelligence Agency and the National Security Council, and was Director of Central Intelligence under President George H. W. Bush.

Edward Snowden also thinks that it's ridiculous to think that foreign nations did not hack into Clinton's basement server.  

But despite all that, people still want to believe Clinton is an acceptable choice for the Oval Office. How many more poor decisions will take for people to realize Clinton will be a terrible nominee? How can Clinton supporters dismiss those people?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it8VUPHphLM

RE: Romanian hacker Guccifer just handed the nomination to Senator Sanders?
The 'readily available software' was probably something like Kali Linux, a linux distribution that comes with pre-packaged tools for penetration testing and the like: https://www.kali.org/
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
Regardless of which software was used, I think Guccifer what is trying to emphasize that it was easy to hack into her server. We also know that he has no formal computing qualifications. If somebody like Guccifer can hack then no doubt foreign governments, perhaps with their own bespoke software, managed to extract information from Clinton's basement server.

Why exactly would this email thing such a huge problem for her presidency? Do we believe she will do some shady people's bidding as president because she's afraid of what blackmailers might reveal?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(May 6, 2016 at 4:05 pm)Alex K Wrote: Why exactly would this email thing such a huge problem for her presidency?

Not only does it show that she had bad judgement, it shows that she has been trying to hide things from the American government and her political opponents by diverting e-mails to a personal server. She never had a .gov e-mail address, for example, so maybe she is diverting her e-mails because doesn't trust the government? She backed up government e-mails to a cloud server. That all sounds really bad to me.

Additionally, the NSA told her she couldn't use a BlackBerry she wanted because it wasn't secure enough, but she used the BlackBerry anyway.And for the FBI to be investigating her it must be a very serious matter. The FBI aren't investigating her for their health. They think she broke the law.

(May 6, 2016 at 4:05 pm)Alex K Wrote: Why exactly would this email thing such a huge problem for her presidency? Do we believe she will do some shady people's bidding as president because she's afraid of what blackmailers might reveal?

It's because the FOX FUX think they have uncovered the crime of the century.

Assholes.
Eh, the handling of classified information is in itself an important thing to get right.  It's not about blackmail (although that is a small risk), it's about information security.  Maintaining your own server is difficult enough when you're not the most powerful woman on the planet.  Cloud backups are risky from an infosec POV.  Not only do you need to ensure the connection is secure, you need to ensure that the cloud storage itself is compliant with whatever security requirements (in terms of the hardware, software, and people with access to both) are necessary by law.  The more distributed and complex the solution is, the more that can go wrong.  So, her choice shows a concerning lack of understanding or care about potentially classified information which I find troubling.

Moreover, if she broke the law, she should be punished in accordance to that law.  It doesn't matter if 'everyone else does it' or if she didn't do it intentionally.  Laypeople get punished for things they see others doing, or for things they didn't realize were illegal all the time.  I don't see why she should be different, if she did indeed break the law.

I don't care about Benghazi.  I think it was handled sloppily by the Obama administration from a PR perspective in the days immediately following it, but it's completely overblown.  We suffered attacks on our embassies all throughout the Bush era and no one batted an eye.  What I care about is whether or not one of our elected officials, through a combination of stubbornness and ignorance, unwittingly compromised classified information, and if that's indeed the case, if she is treated as being above the law (as is the case with most politicians and celebrities, and part of the problem) or not.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
What I have been seeing in the news is an "anonymous source" saying that the FBI won't recommend an indictment.

[url=What I have been seeing in the news is an "anonymous source" saying that the FBI won't recommend an indictment. https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plu...nt-matter/[/url]

Personally, I find this a huge deal. Not necessarily the legality of it all, but the fact that she owns her own server. There's only a few reasons I see for why she could do this:
     1. She did not want to be under the oversight regulations within the government, opting instead to take control of her own records.
     2. She does not understand even the basics of internet security.
     3. (Her reason) Convenience

I'm highly skeptical of her reason for keeping the server (3); convenience seems like a reason to just use the government email address since setting up a secure server in your basement sounds like a huge hassle, particularly for a high profile target. The first reason, (1), is a pretty alarming thing, I'm going to assume I don't need to explain why.

Where I think the biggest problem is, is with (2). The poor security of her home server appears to be universally accepted. She was using an old, low level system with less security than your run-of-the-mill free webmail service. This is not a small mistake in my mind; she took the matter of security into her own hands and not only failed to create (pay for) a secure system, she set up a system so useless from a security standpoint that it's security is lower than my spam account. On this point: it is impossible for a home server (like the one she used) to have the same level of security as a government or large corporation server.

Hillary needs to understand this. I am not convinced that she understands anything about computers or cybersecurity because she chose to set up a system that made her far more vulnerable than she would have been had she followed the government recommendations/regulations.

The final point I would like to make is on her response to all of this: it has been terrible. She has refused to take any responsibility and has been banking on the low intelligence of the voters. She tried to say she never sent anything classified and we found that this wasn't anywhere near the truth. Then she tried to say they weren't marked classified, then she backtracked further and said they weren't marked classified at the time. The problem? It doesn't matter whether things were marked. Certain types of information are "born classified", and you have to know that something important is going to pass through your email if you are holding a high position in the government.
Meandering Atheist: Several friends on a journey of romance and adventure, to talk about moderately interesting topics.
(May 6, 2016 at 5:48 pm)Minimalist Wrote: It's because the FOX FUX think they have uncovered the crime of the century.

Assholes.
So you're not worried that somebody could leak some damaging information about Clinton (from her e-mails) and help Trump to win the Oval Office? The FBI has been investigating Clinton for over a year now - Clinton must have done some serious. If it was anybody else they'd already be in jail.

Public officials will do everything to keep their emails private yet expect the emails of private citizens to always be readily accessible.

What a fucking joke.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wyoming Senator gets booed at Commencement. Jehanne 4 656 May 17, 2022 at 11:08 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  If your senator is Republican... Gawdzilla Sama 5 568 October 5, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Hit Pieces on Bernie Sanders Are Somehow DUMBER This Time Around Cepheus Ace 9 1249 February 23, 2019 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  Will Trump be Ambushed for 2020 Nomination? Yonadav 19 2199 January 22, 2019 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  It's Just One Vote and It's Just One Carbon Footprint Duty 16 929 October 26, 2018 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Bernie Sanders' "Medicare for All" plan is really expensive over a 10-year period.... Aegon 40 4426 September 22, 2018 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Realistically can anything be done regarding Trumps nomination? GODZILLA 22 2249 July 11, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Senator Feinstein Says "Fuck The GOP." Minimalist 10 2104 January 11, 2018 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: A Theist
  Senator Alexander Shits On The WLB's Fucking Budget Minimalist 6 1788 September 13, 2017 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Bernie Sanders vs. Karl Marx Mechaghostman2 4 1930 September 1, 2017 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: Brian37