Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 18, 2024, 11:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any experts on AOSP?
Any experts on AOSP?
Hey, guys. I got my S7 Edge and had some future plans for this baby like getting her the Cyanogenmod after a while but apparently the S6 never got any Cyanogenmods and still haven't gotten any and all of them are Exynos based. So I read some stuff and apparently the Snapdragon is bootlocked and the Exynos isn't but Samsung doesn't give much information about "something something source" which makes it really hard for the developers to make the Cyanogenmod for the Exynos based galaxies. So I wonder if anyone who is more knowledgeable about this knows if there is a possiblity that the Exynos based S7 will ever get Cyanogenmod and what the probability is based on your speculations.
RE: Any experts on AOSP?
I know of his fables but would not consider myself an expert.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 11, 2016 at 4:21 pm)RozKek Wrote: Hey, guys. I got my S7 Edge and had some future plans for this baby like getting her the Cyanogenmod after a while but apparently the S6 never got any Cyanogenmods and still haven't gotten any and all of them are Exynos based. So I read some stuff and apparently the Snapdragon is bootlocked and the Exynos isn't but Samsung doesn't give much information about "something something source" which makes it really hard for the developers to make the Cyanogenmod for the Exynos based galaxies. So I wonder if anyone who is more knowledgeable about this knows if there is a possiblity that the Exynos based S7 will ever get Cyanogenmod and what the probability is based on your speculations.

I was right with you through, 'Hey, guys.', then things went blurry and my brain started beating faster.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Ever since I discovered that none of my banking apps will work on a mod rom, it sort of put me off flashing these days.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Probably not.
I'm guessing this is about a Samsung device of some sort ...
(May 20, 2016 at 2:07 am)Mathilda Wrote: I'm guessing this is about a Samsung device of some sort ...

Yep, it is.
(May 19, 2016 at 8:56 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: Probably not.

I think the S6 which is Exynos based has gotten Cyanogen so I think it's not wishful thinking to say the 7 might get it :p
(May 20, 2016 at 8:17 am)RozKek Wrote:
(May 19, 2016 at 8:56 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: Probably not.

I think the S6 which is Exynos based has gotten Cyanogen so I think it's not wishful thinking to say the 7 might get it :p

Meh. It just seems unlikely.

But ya never know!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any Bose Experts? mlmooney89 9 978 March 8, 2018 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: mlmooney89