Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Bose Experts?
Any Bose Experts?
So I have a pretty old Bose system that has decided to start glitching and was wondering if anyone knows anything about Bose products before I take it into the store. I did try to google it but I can't seem to explain the problem in a short enough sentence for google to be of use. I did see a similar situation and tried their attempt to fix it but it didn't help either of us.

The system is an AWRCC2 and it has no buttons on it at all, you do everything from the remote. It is plugged into the wall and shows the time so I know it is getting power. Lately it has decided to not acknowledge I am trying to turn the radio on. When I hit FMAM it flashes the time and comes up with a small dot to the right of the screen that says it knows a button was pushed but it doesn't change the screen to the radio station, instead just stays on the time. I've tried turning it off and on again, unplugging it, trying a CD, and leaving it alone. Nothing will get it to play but later in the day I will get frustrated at not having music and will try the FMAM button again and it will turn on like nothing was wrong. I don't know why in the morning it won't work and in the afternoon it will but this scenario has happened multiple days now.

The fix was to leave it unplugged for an hour then plug it back in and hold the power button for awhile. I did this to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas? If not I GGGUuuueesssss I can take it to the stupid Bose shop and see how much it will cost to fix.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
RE: Any Bose Experts?
As I recall (and I could be wrong) repairs go back to the factory and take a couple months. If its like 10 years old maybe time to replace it ?

Wouldn't hurt to take to Bose shop and ask, I just wouldn't put too much money in something that is very old. If they can fi it on site quickly that might be worth more value to you.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Google idiot (me, not you): 

https://community.bose.com/t5/CD-Radio/W...td-p/55785

https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/artic...r-iii.html

My typical electronic fix is the trash can.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I have a similar problem with a Bose remote.  Tried everything I could think of and then when I went out and bought a new universal remote for my man-cave set up it had an option to control a home theater system.  To my surprise, it included the particular Bose unit I had in the pre-programmed data.  I set it up and it still didn't work.  My personal technical whiz - my son - said "the IR receiver in the unit is shot."

One of these days I'll throw the damn thing in the trash.
I had a cassete player (stereo equipment) that had a bunch of complex functions. When it started misbehaving, I took it to a repair shop. They tried twice, but didn't end up doing it any good. Generally the trend with modern equipment is to replace rather than repair, and that's probably what Bose will do if you submit it for repairs -- they'll replace it with a refurbed unit rather than repair the one you have. That has downsides as well, as refurbed units often aren't equivalent to new ones (I had a monitor that got 'repaired' by them sending me a refurb -- the refurb had discoloration along one edge of the screen.... grrr). Your choice of course, but maybe it's time for something new?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
*shakes head*

I just came back from lunch and it's working again. I mean seriously if I can wake up before noon this machine should too. lol

(March 7, 2018 at 1:19 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Google idiot (me, not you): 

https://community.bose.com/t5/CD-Radio/W...td-p/55785

https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/artic...r-iii.html

My typical electronic fix is the trash can.

I had found the top one in my google search earlier, in fact that is the "similar" one I mentioned in OP. The difference is I know my remote is working because the light on the Bose flashes and that says it is reading the remote. I'm pretty sure it's not the remote but rather the actual system. I did not see the reset thing with the remote. I shall try that now!

Actually since it is working right now it wouldn't benefit me to see if the reset would help. I shall try it tomorrow morning!

I don't know how old the machine actually is since I got it from a customer as a gift. He said it was his old one and he was getting a new one so I could have it. I've had it for about 3-4 years since then. I will ask him how old it is the next time he comes in. If it isn't before the weekend I will just take it to the Bose store. It's not like it's that far away and to be fair I do need to get two links taken out of my Fossil watch and the Fossil store is in the same outlet mall. Thanks for the input and thank you Brewer for the reset info!
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
Well I've had a rake around and all I can come up with is change the internal 9V battery that lives under a small hatch on the bottom. If that dosen't work then it's mebbie time to abandon the thing. Bose aren't one bit embarrassed when it comes to charging for repairs.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
Well???
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Its fucked.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
Lol funny enough my teller had the genius idea to just turn the volume all the way down but leave it on so when I got here it was already on and I couldn't test the reset thing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any experts on AOSP? RozKek 8 1241 May 20, 2016 at 9:42 am
Last Post: account_inactive