Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Bike!
New Bike!
So I'm about to trade in my old bike Honda PCX 150 2013

[Image: IMG_4926-e1419025169586.jpg]

and purchase this beauty!

[Image: 2016-honda-cbr500r-white.jpg?itok=nLWbI2Ol]

It'll be a pretty penny ($6,200 after trade) and I'm paying cash.

2016 Honda CBR500R with ABS. Will be my first motorcycle but third two wheeler.

Excited :-)
RE: New Bike!
I like favor a Harley Soft tail any day, but that crotch rocket looks mighty impressive. Be even more so in purple Smile
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
very nice! congrats!
post a pic on the members pictures thread when you get it home ...

cheers.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Mother..
CB fucking R
*tears*
Noice!!!!

Definitely post pics when you get her.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
My first "sport" motorcycle was the two-cylinder Kawasaki EX500, a similar setup to the (much more advanced) Honda you have up there. I loved that thing, and I've read good stuff about the Honda. I think it's a very smart choice for first streetbike.

Have you taken the MSF (Motorcycle Safety Foundation) weekend courses, both the Basic and Advanced? I'd highly recommend it... they average $250 apiece, depending on where they're given, but as far as I know every state has them. They'll not only save you insurance money, but they'll very likely save your life at the higher speeds you'll be facing, even though you're used to scooters. As I'm sure you've learned on the scooter, the road is full of hazards-- and you're about to be accelerating and turning a lot more quickly than before, so you need your skills at dodging the idiots on the road who seem to be trying to kill you to be a lot sharper.

I also strongly recommend you acquire some riding leathers and/or kevlar/nylon gear, good gloves, and boots. I presume you already have a helmet. If the cost of those items makes it impossible to get the Honda, look for good used examples of Ninja 500 (later model of of the EX500, above), which can be gotten quite cheaply and are very reliable, plenty quick, and 60-70mpg fuel-efficient bikes. Better to spend the money on training and gear which are permanent, than to buy a brand-new sportbike of small displacement, which you'll most likely replace with a higher-displacement model after a couple of years anyway. Wait for the 2nd purchase, get a used starter sportbike, and make sure you have full gear and training.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

Kawasaki Ninja 500:

[Image: 2003-Kawasaki-Ninja-500-VN500-Motorcycle...-18767.jpg]
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

Also known as a PCJ-600... Tongue

"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(May 12, 2016 at 8:31 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: Also known as a PCJ-600... Tongue

Ha! Yes, that's the GTA three-cylinder version, I guess. Smile

Actually, you can see the original (pre-Ninja-tag) version of the EX500, in fact in the same exact year model and colors of my old bike, in the movie "True Lies". Arnold chases it on his police horse as the bad guy steals one and rides it through the hotel lobby and then jumps it off the roof of the hotel.

The next bike I'm going to get will be:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrvMiJFlhfCpcAMZJPCdX...d2Soedm3WQ]

That beauty is so beautiful, it's enough to make a grown man cry.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fell off my bike tonight Foxaèr 48 2661 October 22, 2018 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Bike Darwinian 8 2619 May 7, 2010 at 7:31 am
Last Post: Zen Badger