Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So we got a phone call from Microsoft directly today.
Tongue 
So we got a phone call from Microsoft directly today.
Apparently MS is scared shitless over a security leak in icons that affect all Windows versions from XP to Server 2008.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/securit...0-046.mspx

They thought it was important enough to call us to roll it out ASAP.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
RE: So we got a phone call from Microsoft directly today.
ZOMG.... Its the start of ZOMBI APOC
Did I make a good point? thumbs up Smile I cant help it I'm a Kudos whore. P.S. Jesus is a MYTH.
@Leo

How did MS get your number? Mine is unlisted.

In any case, thank you for posting the information.
Leo works in IT Pad. M$ aren't going to phone billions of end users here.
I'm surprised something this boring made a thread of itself.

Learn something new everyday...
I know. Leo ...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Wink
(August 4, 2010 at 7:33 pm)leo-rcc Wrote: Apparently MS is scared shitless over a security leak in icons that affect all Windows versions from XP to Server 2008.

Hang on a minute. I'm sure I've seen this vulnerability demonstrated to me in a I.T. Systems and Network Security lecture. It's taken microsoft this long to do anything about it? Either that or this is something new which just so happens to look identical.
Hoi Zaeme.
(August 5, 2010 at 5:26 am)fr0d0 Wrote: Leo works in IT Pad. M$ aren't going to phone billions of end users here.

But they could if they wanted to!
(August 11, 2010 at 9:39 pm)Rob Wrote:
(August 4, 2010 at 7:33 pm)leo-rcc Wrote: Apparently MS is scared shitless over a security leak in icons that affect all Windows versions from XP to Server 2008.

Hang on a minute. I'm sure I've seen this vulnerability demonstrated to me in a I.T. Systems and Network Security lecture. It's taken microsoft this long to do anything about it? Either that or this is something new which just so happens to look identical.

Well given the extent of the problem I'd say MS wanted to keep this problem under wraps for a while longer, but as the leak became public knowledge MS had no choice but to act as soon as possible. It is not usual that we get phone calls from MS themselves, specially over a hotfix.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you know today that you didn't know yesterday? BrianSoddingBoru4 3668 198445 Yesterday at 12:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How's the weather treating you today? Foxaèr 69 934 April 20, 2024 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1086 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  Awfully quiet today. arewethereyet 29 2275 April 9, 2023 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Happy Birthday to all the members who were "born" today! Jehanne 7 683 January 4, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Little green men just got real. ignoramus 87 7106 July 7, 2021 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Your opportunity to call me a dumbass. Brian37 14 698 June 6, 2021 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What ya got growing this summer? brewer 11 536 June 5, 2021 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: brewer
  So much for going to town today. onlinebiker 11 1116 February 19, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  What'sa matta, cat got your question? Brian37 49 2151 January 2, 2021 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama