Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your opportunity to call me a dumbass.
Your opportunity to call me a dumbass.
And yes, looking back at it now, I deserve it.

On my first trip to Australia, I fell in love with Brisbane and Victoria Point and Russell Island. So after an early tour of Brisbane, hosted by my late best friend's friend Mike, he offered to take me to "The Gold Coast". Who names a city that? When I heard those words "Gold Coast" , not knowing anything at the time, and being afraid of heights, I thought he was offering to take me to ocean side cliffs billions of feet above the ocean. NOPE, there really is a sea level city in Australia called "Gold Coast". The irony on my second trip is that Debra, my core host both trips, on the second trip, took me to Byron Bay, which is even further south than "Gold Coast". 

So on my first trip I turned down Mike taking me to a second adventure to "Gold Coast", and opted for a second tour of Brisbane. 

Between my two trips, my first solo trip and my second trip with HB, I stumbled across a movie called " Absolute Deception" staring Cuba Gooding Jr". It was filmed in the city of "Gold Coast". But again, on both trips I didn't know that. But just yesterday, after watching it for the 3rd time since both my trips, I was thinking at the time, I was only watching it because it was filmed in Australia. It only hit me yesterday after watching it this last time, that I missed the opportunity to actually visit the city BOTH TIMES.

YES I AM A DUMBASS.
RE: Your opportunity to call me a dumbass.
TLDR

Totally agree
Why are you not watching the aussie movie with ABBA in it? It's a chick flick, you'd love it.

Silly cow.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
At work.

Okay, you're a fek wit.

*Shrug*
(June 5, 2021 at 10:50 pm)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: At work.

Okay, you're a fek wit.

*Shrug*

[Image: PQc-TDn-Yl-400x400.jpg]
Dying to live, living to die.
See, the thing to do when someone offers to show you a city you've never heard of, is to ask, 'What's it like there?'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Dumbass?

You're their king.
The Gold Coast is awesome!

For the record, Surfer's Paradise is also not a city or an afterlife location for surfers, and Byron Bay, one of my favourite places on Earth, isn't full of guys named Byron.
Dying to live, living to die.
(June 6, 2021 at 5:08 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: The Gold Coast is awesome!

For the record, Surfer's Paradise is also not a city or an afterlife location for surfers, and Byron Bay, one of my favourite places on Earth, isn't full of guys named Byron.

Gotta wonder how many gay men and straight women feel cheated when they visit Cockfosters for the first time.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 5, 2021 at 9:30 pm)Brian37 Wrote: And yes, looking back at it now, I deserve it.

On my first trip to Australia, I fell in love with Brisbane and Victoria Point and Russell Island. So after an early tour of Brisbane, hosted by my late best friend's friend Mike, he offered to take me to "The Gold Coast". Who names a city that? When I heard those words "Gold Coast" , not knowing anything at the time, and being afraid of heights, I thought he was offering to take me to ocean side cliffs billions of feet above the ocean. NOPE, there really is a sea level city in Australia called "Gold Coast". The irony on my second trip is that Debra, my core host both trips, on the second trip, took me to Byron Bay, which is even further south than "Gold Coast". 

So on my first trip I turned down Mike taking me to a second adventure to "Gold Coast", and opted for a second tour of Brisbane. 

Between my two trips, my first solo trip and my second trip with HB, I stumbled across a movie called " Absolute Deception" staring Cuba Gooding Jr". It was filmed in the city of "Gold Coast". But again, on both trips I didn't know that. But just yesterday, after watching it for the 3rd time since both my trips, I was thinking at the time, I was only watching it because it was filmed in Australia. It only hit me yesterday after watching it this last time, that I missed the opportunity to actually visit the city BOTH TIMES.

YES I AM A DUMBASS.
If it gives you your jollies, fine. You are a dumbass.

No idea why you would seek such abuse.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another story from the "Dumbass" files, me. Brian37 63 2702 October 27, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Sal
  Ok, so I am a dumbass once again. Brian37 59 3023 June 27, 2020 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  (Curious) Roll Call Foxaèr 8 637 October 10, 2019 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  What do you call THAT? onlinebiker 8 986 August 29, 2019 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Business opportunity. Gawdzilla Sama 1 224 October 17, 2017 at 4:07 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Official Better Call Saul thread Mudhammam 4 1150 January 28, 2015 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Can I call ya? Phatt Matt s 65 8619 April 28, 2014 at 6:38 pm