Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life is scarier than death
Life is scarier than death
There is a group of individuals claiming that the after life is a veritable Heaven.

Why is that?

It is perfectly explained through psychology as well as sociology.

These individuals believe that the world is chaos, full of what they consider "sin" and "evil".

Sociological escapism is creating a fictional after life to compensate for a life that is not so much hard as it is placing blame for being lazy and irresponsible.

This created delusion is psychologically explained via guilt being a constant variable in place of understanding and acceptance.

By creating this idea that dying without some sort of assurance of an afterlife, life is rendered meaningless.

If people are taught to live in fear of life via superstition, then clearly death is to be more feared than life.

However, with so much fear of living in place, superstitions preventing life of its fullest potential, it seems that those with religious ideals are more afraid of living than dying.

They have no fear of death, for their superstitious beliefs inform them of an afterlife.

If pursuit of such an afterlife means not living, then they have a fear of living. They are not living fully.

In the end, the atheist knows how to live. And that is what ultimately scares the theist.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Life is scarier than death
Sorry, posted too soon, but did an edit.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Life is scarier than death because when you die, that's it, game over, the machine stops.
Since you can only be alive or dead, before I was alive I must have been dead, I don't remember it being bad in any way.
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

I'd say life is what makes death scary in the first place, so clearly the title is accurate
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Life after death. Stucky 127 26131 September 28, 2011 at 4:53 am
Last Post: Ace Otana