Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 2:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACLU Sues Cleveland
ACLU Sues Cleveland
http://crooksandliars.com/2016/06/aclu-s...-rules-put

Quote:ACLU Sues Cleveland Over Insane Rules Put In Place For The GOP Convention

Quote:In a written statement, Christine Link, executive director of the ACLU of Ohio said, "The restrictions on speech put in place by the city of Cleveland are arbitrary, unnecessary, and unjustifiable. City officials have refused to make proper accommodations to protect free speech, so we are asking the courts to step in now."

Arbitrary? Well, some of the banned items are indeed ludicrous and arbitrary. For example, tennis balls and canned food are banned. Ridiculous. But guess what isn't banned? If you said guns, you would be right! Tennis balls and cans of soup are more dangerous than guns.

Republicunts can't live without their fucking guns.
RE: ACLU Sues Cleveland
I don't have a problem with concealed carry at the 'pub convention.

[snicker]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

So they're suing because they can't bring their can of ravioli?
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, ravioli !!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Ravioli is amazon when its homemade. I didn't see casserole dishes on the ban list.

0/10

I got from the article that this a thinly veiled disguise to relocate the homeless. Am I missing something?

Omaha NE does this every summer for the college world series. Shelters full, jails full, homeless moved to homeless camps for the duration of the series.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(June 16, 2016 at 5:57 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: I got from the article that this a thinly veiled disguise to relocate the homeless. Am I missing something?

Omaha NE does this every summer for the college world series. Shelters full, jails full, homeless moved to homeless camps for the duration of the series.

What? Really? Wow.

0/10

(June 16, 2016 at 6:03 pm)Losty Wrote:
(June 16, 2016 at 5:57 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: I got from the article that this a thinly veiled disguise to relocate the homeless. Am I missing something?

What? Really? Wow.

They don't publish a list, they just drag them off citing vagrancy. Can't have the wealthy visiting tourists with money to spend see the bums around the stadium or old market (shopping district). That would be bad form you know. The merchants depend on the business. Handouts can't be tolerated.
I think I can actually understand that, but why not help them?

0/10

(June 16, 2016 at 6:13 pm)Losty Wrote: I think I can actually understand that, but why not help them?

They still get help, as much help as any other time, maybe in some cases more, it just occurs out of sight of the visitors. Must look pure and wholesome ya know.

For some, jail time is easy time. If chemically impaired they get sent to extended detox (normally detox is a max 5 days, during the series up to 10 days). That's 3 meals a day, shower, health eval, referral to inpt rehab, ...............  The food bank supplies to the shelters are increased.

It's always interesting volunteering those 2 weeks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Muslim sues Little Ceasars for 100 million dollars after eating pepperoni CapnAwesome 25 6470 May 27, 2017 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Active Shooter in Cleveland AceBoogie 30 7000 April 18, 2017 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie