Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It Seems That Thomas Can't Handle
It Seems That Thomas Can't Handle
not having Scalia around to tell him what to do.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/justice-...-examiner/

Quote:Justice Clarence Thomas may step down from court after election: Washington Examiner

Note of caution.  The Washington Examiner is hardly an impeccable source.
RE: It Seems That Thomas Can't Handle
I almost skipped over this because of the unclear thread title.

I've read in the past that Thomas had grown bored with his position and he did say after Scalia's death that he couldn't imagine what it would be like on the court without him. If this is true and he's waiting for the election, it might be contingent on a Republican win though. If Hillary got to replace Scalia AND Thomas...wow.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Yeah, I'm betting it's all dependent on if there's a Republican president or not. I'd hate to think Trump gets to pick three or four (maybe even five) justices. That's absolutely frightening.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
I dunno ... Maybe he's selfish enough not to care who picks his replacement.

Why wait until after the election then?

I'm guessing the Washington Examiner just made this up based on many of Thomas' past statements which seem to indicate his heart hasn't been in his job for awhile.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(June 19, 2016 at 10:04 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: Why wait until after the election then?

I'm guessing the Washington Examiner just made this up based on many of Thomas' past statements which seem to indicate his heart hasn't been in his job for awhile.

I can't pretend to understand such a simple-minded man.

(June 19, 2016 at 8:08 pm)Minimalist Wrote: not having Scalia around to tell him what to do.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/justice-...-examiner/

Quote:Justice Clarence Thomas may step down from court after election: Washington Examiner

Note of caution.  The Washington Examiner is hardly an impeccable source.
It's amazing that the dummy can breathe on his own without Scalia telling him to.  There'll be dancing in the streets when he croaks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It Seems The Orange Fucktard Doesn't Get It Minimalist 0 286 July 27, 2018 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Thin-Skinned Orange Shitgibbon Can Only Handle Fox. Minimalist 0 358 July 25, 2018 at 1:58 am
  This Seems Like A Pointless Exercise Minimalist 38 3421 February 2, 2018 at 2:19 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Seems Roy Moore Got Tired of Waiting For Jesus To Get Off His Ass Minimalist 32 5569 January 3, 2018 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: A Theist
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 71906 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  There Is No "Seems" About It Minimalist 4 863 May 2, 2017 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Why is it Republicans can dish it out, but can't take it when someone throws it back NuclearEnergy 10 4466 April 27, 2017 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: DarkerEnergy
  Seems Hillary Was Right. Minimalist 10 1671 April 7, 2017 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Seems That The WLB is Cracking Under the Pressure Minimalist 23 3900 March 6, 2017 at 12:38 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  The WLB Seems To Be Losing His Touch. Minimalist 0 436 February 27, 2017 at 4:24 pm