Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's for me. My sake. Not for God's sake.
It's for me. My sake. Not for God's sake.
In many cases, perhaps even in a majority of cases, a scent can be detected in the actions of theists and believers, a self-righteous smell that dominates their actions and motives; inflicted through the thought of being "special"; "chosen"; "on the right path".

That self-righteousness is called so many names, yet non can be enough to mask its truth or its real identity.

God says in the Quran about this phenomena which is witnessed the most in Jews and Christians:

Sura 5
( 18 )   But the Jews and the Christians say, "We are the children of Allah and His beloved." Say, "Then why does He punish you for your sins?" Rather, you are human beings from among those He has created. He forgives whom He wills, and He punishes whom He wills. And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and whatever is between them, and to Him is the [final] destination.

Nobody is special. We are all humans. So equal.
Muslims today, Sunni and Shia Muslims, also believe that they are special.

Rather, an elaboration from the Quran dictates:

Sura 53
( 32 )   Those who avoid the major sins and immoralities, only [committing] slight ones. Indeed, your Lord is vast in forgiveness. He was most knowing of you when He produced you from the earth and when you were fetuses in the wombs of your mothers. So do not claim yourselves to be pure; He is most knowing of who fears Him.

No. We should never claim purity. We all sin, all of us are in this test.
Furthermore, when we accept our slavery to God, and surrender ourselves to his will, life beats in our hearts, we begin to see what this world is really about, and begin to ask God for the afterlife.

It's not that he needs us. But we need him. It's for our sake, that we worship:

Sura 41
( 46 )   Whoever does righteousness - it is for his [own] soul; and whoever does evil [does so] against it. And your Lord is not ever unjust to [His] servants.

That's that.

Worshiping God is not the same filthy worship of humans to each other. Worshiping God is life. Life itself.

Sura 8
( 24 )   O you who have believed, respond to Allah and to the Messenger when he calls you to that which gives you life. And know that Allah intervenes between a man and his heart and that to Him you will be gathered.

Worshiping God doesn't mean to cook him food, or go hunt for him:

Sura 51
( 56 )   And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.
( 57 )   I do not want from them any provision, nor do I want them to feed Me.

Rather, we enjoy life, enjoy his creation, eat, have sex:

Sura 2
( 168 )   O mankind, eat from whatever is on earth [that is] lawful and good and do not follow the footsteps of Satan. Indeed, he is to you a clear enemy.

Sura 2
( 223 )   Your wives are a place of sowing of seed for you, so come to your place of cultivation however you wish and put forth [righteousness] for yourselves. And fear Allah and know that you will meet Him. And give good tidings to the believers.

But with moderation:

Sura 6
( 141 )   And He it is who causes gardens to grow, [both] trellised and untrellised, and palm trees and crops of different [kinds of] food and olives and pomegranates, similar and dissimilar. Eat of [each of] its fruit when it yields and give its due [zakah] on the day of its harvest. And be not excessive. Indeed, He does not like those who commit excess.

Islam means : "to submit". Indeed that is submitting to God.
Life..to obey him, to smell the clean air.

We are not special. But he is merciful.
Worshiping him is what makes us alive.
RE: It's for me. My sake. Not for God's sake.
Quote:He forgives whom He wills, and He punishes whom He wills.

Capricious lil fuck, isn't he?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 25, 2016 at 1:04 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: We are not special. But he is merciful.
Worshiping him is what makes us alive.
Well, except for the damned joos and christers, who are especially self righteous, ofc Jerkoff

Strange though, I seem to be alive......
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Sura 51
( 56 ) And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.

1. Jinn like Iblis who do not worship Allah?
2. And that's very egotistical of Allah. Angels worship Allah so are they not good enough?
3. But we can't just worship Allah because we're human and we need to contribute to human civilization. We need to farm for food or hunt or fish and we need to obtain fresh water. All the while not worshiping Allah. All limitations given to us by Allah which limit the amount of worshiping which we can do.
4. So, in conclusion, humans are not designed to "only" worship Allah as the Quran claimed because they need to survive. Allah would make it easier on humans if they only purpose is to worship Allah.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chattanooga: Muhammad’s companions all “fought Jihad for the sake of Allah” mralstoner 7 2176 July 18, 2015 at 2:16 am
Last Post: Minimalist