Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new guy
A new guy
Hello,

I'm from the USA northeast , near Philly, I've been an Atheist for over the past 20 years, (multiple elements to that story that brought me to this wonderful life) and I like Chinese food and Oriental women Big Grin , (sorry if that term is not pc  Dodgy ).

On  a more serious note, I have been needing to join a community for a long time now, a community that feels the way I do about this poison among the world's societies. I'm no scholar, I like to believe I'm rational, logical and methodological. I'm married, one child is mine, the other is my wife's and she's catholic (brrr..rrr...rr.r.), another in depth story.

I'd like to think that I can successfully defend my position when asked, as long as the opposition is intelligent enough to understand, comprehend and listen to reason  Big Grin . 
I don't go out looking to try to convert people, friends or family, ...if they choose 'that' way of life, so be it.

I suppose that's it for the moment, I'll happily answer questions in any way, manner or form, though I may not be active on this forum more than 2 or 3 days a week. I do look forward to learning from many of you, and perhaps sharing as well, thanks!

p.s.
Look for my first post after this about a document search!
RE: A new guy
Welcome!
Hello there, S/S.
Heyyyyy! Welcome. I'm in NEPA, lived in Horsham a few years, and went to school in Philly. Eagles fan? Big Grin
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
Welcome.

Whats wrong with a catholic wife? Mine is catholic. The worst kind, Minnesota catholic. We just keep our differences light hearted, no matter how wrong or stupid she gets.

You un PC bastard! Go try out for Gran Torino. hehehehehehe
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Thanks for the warm welcome all! @ TheRealJoeFish , I'm a N.O. Saints fan, but I root for the Eagles and all Philly teams when I can Smile ..Bristol, I used to work in Horsham, at the TGI fridays on 611, I actually opened that restaurant many years ago.

@ mh.brewer, certainly nothing wrong with a catholic wife,...it's the Italian in her that makes everything else so much more very difficult Big Grin
Welcome Smile
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
I'm confused. Dago Asian?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Welcome to the forum Smile
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(June 30, 2016 at 9:36 pm)TheRealJoeFish Wrote: Heyyyyy! Welcome. I'm in NEPA, lived in Horsham a few years, and went to school in Philly. Eagles fan? Big Grin

It's a good thing you're not a fan of dem damn dirty Iggles. Although I'd be interested in how you came to be a Nawlins fan.

Welcome
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New guy here Roykok 8 1080 November 10, 2022 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New guy DarkerEnergy 21 2067 January 18, 2017 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Hello, new guy here Casca 13 2096 October 14, 2016 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: brewer
  New Guy Here. Hello. The Atheist 27 3088 March 30, 2016 at 4:50 pm
  New Guy on the Block Rebel 9 1719 October 16, 2015 at 10:01 pm
  New guy Muad·Dib 39 6626 July 19, 2015 at 6:19 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Hello! New guy on the block here~~~ Preston Tsunami 11 1624 April 30, 2015 at 6:06 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  New Guy Here! GuardianAtheist 19 2353 April 22, 2015 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: ajarnfalang
  New Guy Vox Populi 25 3650 February 26, 2015 at 6:15 pm
Last Post: Vox Populi
  New guy, again Pablo 16 2790 December 10, 2014 at 2:58 am
Last Post: Kitty Galore