Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 1, 2024, 11:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from the UK
Hello from the UK
Hi all, I'm Amanda, 36, female, married, mum of 2, dog owner, tax inspector (and therefore scum of the earth according to the babble - and most taxpayers), labour voting, Brexit supporting (but not anti-EU or anti-immigration), home owner but mortgaged shackled. Been lurking on this forum for a while, made my first post today and was invited to make my introductions, so here I am!

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
RE: Hello from the UK
Hi! Nice to have you here! Smile
Hi Amanda, nice to meet you Smile

Thanks for telling us about yourself. I'm glad you took the plunge! Let me know if you have any questions.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Welcome matey from the colony downunder... AU.

Sent from my satellite phone from Acapulco holding a pina colada in the other hand
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Welcome also from the UK. Good to see more & more Brits joining. It can become a bit of a US-fest here sometimes Angel

Would you like a cup of tea?

[Image: tea-and-biscuits-for-breakfast.jpg]
Sum ergo sum
Man, we have had a whole farrage of Brexit supporters here lately.

Oops, that was a Schadenfreudian Tongue Welcome to the forum!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Oh yeah, I'm a UK dude as well.

For now. Not sure what it'll be called by next week.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(July 4, 2016 at 8:34 am)Ben Davis Wrote: Welcome also from the UK. Good to see more & more Brits joining. It can become a bit of a US-fest here sometimes Angel

Would you like a cup of tea?

[Image: tea-and-biscuits-for-breakfast.jpg]
That would be lovely - milk no sugar thank you.

Yes, I've found it eye opening reading the difficulties that many US atheists have to endure and it has heightened my awareness of how religion still creeps into everyday life in the UK even though I have always thought the UK to be pretty secular (God Save The Queen anyone?)

May I ask which part of the UK you're from?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(July 4, 2016 at 8:29 am)ignoramus Wrote: Welcome matey from the colony downunder... AU.

Sent from my satellite phone from Acapulco holding a pina colada in the other hand

Hmm, that pina colada sounds good! Thank you for the welcome!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 6020 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3660 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates