Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Act of Incoherency
An Act of Incoherency
The Spagetti Brain

Incoherent: is when an individual's thought process is has no basis.
Regardless of the truth behind their assertions, it is applicable to logical thought patterns.

An example of incoherent is:
using skepticism as a debate argument ~ since skepticism is neither a structural defence for one side of the argument, nor a sufficient argument towards the other. It was illogical, and redundant to present skepticism as an argument*
Presenting skepticism was in fact a demonstration of lack of coherent thought.

If one presents skepticism, it can only be done in discussion format.
Using skepticism in conversation format is evidence of ones own incoherency because proves they have drawn a blank, and do not know. Therefor their pattern is amiss, and inconclusive.

Another example of Incoherent is, when an individual ignores the context, flow or relevant content of a discussion and yet continue biasedly towards their preferences instead of facts. This is a typical tactic spouses, parents, children and counterparts use to ignore one another. They block off their thought process in favor of their bigoted ideology or desires.

More so. Incoherent applies to people who suggest something which is not a fact, is a fact. Because that person is suggesting or may even pretend to believe that something inconclusive is conclusive. An example is evolution, gravity or the table of elements. Were, a very plausible event were to present itself, altering the subjective nature of those Theories, then those things are proven wrong, and thus all former faith in those belief structures are Incoherent thoughts (undeveloped, baseless assertions.) even if they were largely true* They were wrongfully "Concluded."

If a person is not factually, apart from opinions, Conclusive in the process of cognitive generation, then they are inconclusive. Incoherent in conclusion.

HONESTY = coherency.
It does not make someone honest to state their own opinions. It makes someone honest to actually consider the context of all the content in stipulation.

People often knowingly rely on their incoherency to justify their actions. But no one is oblivious to their own incoherency, Nor is anyone ignorant to anyone else's incoherency. Often it is that people simply preference the product of incoherent bigotry, and support the bigots for self promotion.
People most often have biased, incoherent perspectives and opinions about religion, and this is obvious in the way that they attack or manipulate the nature of comments, scriptures and facts.

I hope this prompts a productive conversation.
RE: An Act of Incoherency
(July 11, 2016 at 9:56 pm)Complidudaaldo Wrote: ...

I hope this prompts a productive conversation.

Uhhhhhhhh... Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but.....
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
Hmm? you believe I will be trolled? or are you making a joke.
(July 11, 2016 at 10:07 pm)Complidudaaldo Wrote: Hmm? you believe I will be trolled? or are you making a joke.

No, it's just that what you posted is a load of utter bullsh*t. This is not a religious forum - you won't find a lot of dumb people, who will fall for your idiotic definitions and unsubstantiated assertions - you should go to gullibleforums.org for that. Most atheist are rational and sceptical - your stupidity won't start a "productive conversation", just a lot of people will make fun of your nonsense.

Enjoy. Tongue
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
I found the post on incoherence incoherent.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(July 11, 2016 at 10:27 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I found the post on incoherence incoherent.

Yeah, this, mainly.

I mean, I see what you're saying, at least in part of it, I really do. It's something in the anti-induction vein, sort of a "we can't say with certainty that anything that has been true in 100% of cases up to this point is a 'law'" (you say "fact") "as opposed to an historical contingency." That's... Hume said stuff like that, right? Or Bacon?

But, 1) the message was conveyed inartfully (if English is not your first language, I understand, but try to break it into manageable chunks);
2) no one's going to take you seriously when your first post is a big wall of assertions (like you're trying to come in here and enlighten us); and
3) seriously, don't go the anti-induction route. Just... say... no. That way lies madness dragons solipsism.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
(July 11, 2016 at 9:56 pm)Complidudaaldo Wrote: Using skepticism in conversation format is evidence of ones own incoherency

False.

You are an idiot.

You are welcome.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
how is that false?

asking for evidence is not skepticism. you twat.

Faith's Nightmare's nightmare. He catches himself in a dreamcatcher.
(July 11, 2016 at 10:58 pm)Complidudaaldo Wrote: how is that false?

The falsity is in the erroneous thought that skepticism is equated with incoherence.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
AH HA HA. If you cannot prove I am wrong, Yet you argue I am wrong: then YOU are incoherent = skepticism.
You gag reel.

you can't rely on my inability to defend myself ass evidence you are right. Twat.
yet here I am.

what are you. 12?