Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 10:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruth Bader Ginsburg Is A True American Hero
Ruth Bader Ginsburg Is A True American Hero
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-ele...sm-n608006

Quote:Ruth Bader Ginsburg Doubles Down on Donald Trump Criticism

It is every citizen's duty to speak out against this racist baboon.
RE: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Is A True American Hero
She'd be even more of a hero in my book, if she'd known when to pack it in, retire, and ensure that a Democrat nominated her replacement.

Can hardly blame her, though; I guess she just doesn't want to go crawl off and die somewhere.
Besides, she's got a pretty sweet gig.
You mean like when Scalia died and Obama nominated his replacement?

How'd that work out?
Well of course, it's too late now.
That's why I stated if she had known when to pack it in.
As much as I agree with her sentiments, I don't think it's wise for the highest judges in the land to offer political opinions in the media. She may well maintain her objectivity, but the appearance of bias undermines confidence in that.

I'd think she'd have to recuse herself now if there was another outbreak of hanging chads.

So, quite possibly a boo-boo there, RBG.

Better to smile demurely while concealing a pre-judicial ruling than to telegraph it beforehand.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Oh, you mean the way Clarence Fucking Thomas recused himself when his fucking wife was on the payroll of health care providers to the tune of $1 million while he was ruling on the ACA?

I'm sick of this bullshit where there are different standards for right-wing bastards than for progressives.

Fuck that.  Screw the motherfucker, RBG.
(July 13, 2016 at 5:35 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-ele...sm-n608006

Quote:Ruth Bader Ginsburg Doubles Down on Donald Trump Criticism

It is every citizen's duty to speak out against this racist baboon.

You're darn right she's a hero. And what does Grump do? He runs to Twitter and whines like a baby with poopy diapers (apologies to all the infants out there).
What's he going to do, fire her? lol
Everything Grump says and does just cements Hillary Clinton's and likely many Congressional Democrats' wins in November. Thanks, Grump!
(July 13, 2016 at 7:52 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Oh, you mean the way Clarence Fucking Thomas recused himself when his fucking wife was on the payroll of health care providers to the tune of $1 million while he was ruling on the ACA?

I'm sick of this bullshit where there are different standards for right-wing bastards than for progressives.

Fuck that.  Screw the motherfucker, RBG.

"But he did it too!" is no rationale befitting a Supreme Court justice.

Upon further reflection,

RBG didn't manage to 'shoot' Trump, or even herself in the foot.

I think she got Hillary. And possibly in BOTH feet.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why do we hate the American military institution? WinterHold 16 864 November 23, 2021 at 1:40 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1444 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  The Right's true opposition to CRT? Jehanne 33 2538 August 3, 2021 at 7:47 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1701 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  American imagery from movies from 90s and 80s Sweden83 8 1579 December 5, 2020 at 10:43 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Police in USA arent racist, its just American culture is all Ramus932 10 834 June 14, 2020 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Zepp
  "The American Dream" is just a myth we tell ourselves Foxaèr 45 4106 April 20, 2019 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  I like that American left are miserable Snora 82 6938 March 24, 2019 at 7:47 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Venezuela and Saudi Arabia in the eyes of the American one-eyed foreign policy WinterHold 9 1361 February 4, 2019 at 10:04 am
Last Post: Yonadav
  True Enough - Because Jesus Is An Embarrassment To Them Minimalist 8 1158 November 22, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay