Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Man's Sky
No Man's Sky
No Man's Sky looks astonishing, it looks incredible. The goals in these games are mostly subjective but there are major objective goals like reaching the center of the universe and finding relics and such to discover the purpose behind the galaxy, the sentinels etc. It's a massive galaxy, it is multiplayer but it is ultimately a singeplayer game (there's no interacting at all between players except they can see each other and kill each other, that's about it) and everyone spawns at the edge of the galaxy, most of the people will have the goal of reaching the center. The sentinels are guardians of the galaxy and the further you come to the center the harsher and stronger they get. Also there are relics and such to learn alien language to be able to communicate with other species of life. There's also a lot more that I won't get into

Anyone excited for this game?

Here's the exploring trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AVmI73va4g
And here's a FAQ https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGam...questions/

I just hope the game doesn't get boring like many other hyped games. I hope this one lives up to its hype. I'd love a strong community here with many popular livestreams and such. I dunno why I just hope this game succeeds heavily, it's about time we have a game from another genre other than MMOBAS and FPS doing a breakthrough.
RE: No Man's Sky
I am. I will be playing it when it comes out as I'm a sucker for space xploration games. There's still a question over the 'point' of what people will be doing but that doesn't bother me. I have a great time just flying around seeing what shit is going on.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(July 16, 2016 at 7:14 am)Pandæmonium Wrote: I am. I will be playing it when it comes out as I'm a sucker for space xploration games. There's still a question over the 'point' of what people will be doing but that doesn't bother me. I have a great time just flying around seeing what shit is going on.

Did you play Elite Dangerous?
(July 16, 2016 at 7:14 am)Pandæmonium Wrote: I am. I will be playing it when it comes out as I'm a sucker for space xploration games. There's still a question over the 'point' of what people will be doing but that doesn't bother me. I have a great time just flying around seeing what shit is going on.

I just find satisfaction from progressing and building up my character, that's enough for me. I'll probably be getting it on release. I'm damned my GPU is on par with the minimum requirements, I thought this shit was going to die earlier. And once the traditional multiplayer will be added (it might be added) then I'll try to get my friends to pick it up.
I've got it on pre-order. Looks good. Trying not to expect too much from it though, a lot of people seem to be expecting all kinds of crazy shit.

The problem with procedurally generated games like this is they often get stale quickly, will be interesting to see if there's enough progression, be it with character, tools, ships etc to keep things interesting.
Looks fascinating. I wish I was 16 again and with the time on my hands to play around with it
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(July 16, 2016 at 9:09 am)Alex K Wrote: Looks fascinating. I wish I was 16 again and with the time on my hands to play around with it

Damn, physicists don't have freetime at all for games?
(July 16, 2016 at 12:56 pm)RozKek Wrote:
(July 16, 2016 at 9:09 am)Alex K Wrote: Looks fascinating. I wish I was 16 again and with the time on my hands to play around with it

Damn, physicists don't have freetime at all for games?

Physicists with kid(s) is an additional complication. I would in principle, I just have too many hobbies that are already hard to accomodate. Writing, making music, astronomy, reading. Playing computer games don't make the list for the forseeable future...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

(July 16, 2016 at 2:54 pm)Alex K Wrote:
(July 16, 2016 at 12:56 pm)RozKek Wrote: Damn, physicists don't have freetime at all for games?

They would, I just have too many hobbies. Writing, making music, astronomy, reading. Computer games don't make the list for the forseeable future...

Oh, that's actually quite nice hobbies. I have so much freetime and I spend most of it on games ;_; I should pick up drawing again and I've wanted to learn to play that damn guitar for some while but I always end up playing video games. Good on you for picking up multiple hobbies, you'll turn out wiser and smarter than us or me at least Tongue
(July 16, 2016 at 2:58 pm)RozKek Wrote:
(July 16, 2016 at 2:54 pm)Alex K Wrote: They would, I just have too many hobbies. Writing, making music, astronomy, reading. Computer games don't make the list for the forseeable future...

Oh, that's actually quite nice hobbies. I have so much freetime and I spend most of it on games ;_; I should pick up drawing again and I've wanted to learn to play that damn guitar for some while but I always end up playing video games. Good on you for picking up multiple hobbies, you'll turn out wiser and smarter than us or me at least Tongue

It's kind of my curse that I'm interested in too many things.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No Man's Sky Living in Death 4 1121 February 23, 2016 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: Living in Death
  New Space Game: No Man's Sky Secular Elf 10 2472 October 5, 2015 at 11:51 am
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. Chad32 1 627 November 14, 2014 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  No Man's Sky Hellfire1014 5 905 September 18, 2014 at 12:36 am
Last Post: Hellfire1014