Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi
Hi
Hi again.  No real de-conversion drama story.  Just formerly studied the Bible inside and out sincerely seeking and expecting to find the truth.  Did hard core religion for a couple of years.  As that faded, I began to also question and learn  more about the truth I so desired to find.  

I've discovered that there is no proof to support the claims made in the Bible. In today's times we know about all the news stories of issues that face some places in the world.  And then I learned about the Crusades.  Well, I learned more about that those types of histories are the reason why many in my own ancestry are Christian to begin with... that is the Crusades.  Much like we see in other religions in today's times.  I appears as though it might be a way of controlling people.  I am pretty good at controlling myself, so I guess I don't require religion in my life.   

I don't need a book to tell me what's right and wrong.  I lucked out.  Somehow, I already know the difference.  Oh, and I'm no longer apologizing for enjoying good food, enjoying life or whatever I'm supposed to be so sorry for at a "confession".  Wow.  

I feel I have a sense of right and wrong without religion.  I also feel that religion did not invent morality, but rather high jacked it.  

I finally ended up looking for another place to read and perhaps, converse about subjects when today a friend of mine posted a picture.  The picture was of where the Mississippi River meets the Gulf of Mexico.  Where it meets the water is blue and where one meets the other, it is green.  The water is different colors and clearly divided!  In the friends post, it stated that "If God could separate the water, imagine what he could do in our lives" or something like that.  Well, I thought I better research and see if the picture were true and I found that this is so.  I found that the water truely is that way in some parts which is amazing. But, what I also found was that there was also a factual explanation as to why this was so. 

I did not have the heart to tell the friend about that.  My assumption is that they would not believe me anyway.  

Without further ado and short intro I will cut it off there Smile
RE: Hi
Hi again? But this is your first post!

Anyway, Welcome to AF.
Welcome.

Go ahead and tell him.  You'll probably find out that he prefers fantasy to you anyway.  A lot of them are like that.
Hello.
(July 30, 2016 at 12:41 am)Alasdair Ham Wrote: Hi again? But this is your first post!

Anyway, Welcome to AF.

Thank you!  Yes, hi again because the subject like already said hi.   Shy
lol haha
Welcome to the forum Smile Thanks for sharing your story.

I'm glad to hear you're not buying into the propaganda about needing religion in order to be a "good person" and all the other nonsense that goes around.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
[Image: 186ne7.jpg]
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(July 30, 2016 at 3:12 am)ignoramus Wrote: [Image: 186ne7.jpg]

[Image: resize?key=1e6a1a1efdb011df84894040444cd...&width=810]
[Image: 186nrv.jpg]