Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Robert Spencer on the Global Outbreak of Mental Illness
Robert Spencer on the Global Outbreak of Mental Illness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yC8COv6DE4
RE: Robert Spencer on the Global Outbreak of Mental Illness
https://twitter.com/NickNchlsn/status/76...7655269376
OK, so what is the point?

Does islam make you mentally ill?

Do the criminally mentally ill find acceptance in islam and the islamic community?

Do the criminally mentally ill use islam as a scapegoart to support/justify their actions?

Is the "mental illness" angle being over played when there is a violent act linked to a belief in islam?

Or, did this guy want to read 8:30 minutes of headlines to make a poor social comment or sarcastic joke?

More to the point, shouldn't the individuals mental state be questioned every time there is an act of violence, whether muslim, christian, jew, hindi, ............ or not?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
All religion makes people mentally ill to an extent. What Wahaabi-Salafis do is prey on vulnerable people. And we get the situation, perhaps after years of negativity or sometimes mere months we end up at crisis point. Lots of Saudi money brainwashing these youth.

Saudi is the most dangerous regime on the Earth. And it's support, of course, by powerful allies such as Hilary Clinton. I've made so many anti-Fascist statements on this forum that you have be truly brain dead to think I support Donald Trump. It's very sad that must shut up about how Hilary is complicit in financing terrorists, such as Saudi, simply because Donald Trump could be president. Hilary is a arrogant birch.

(August 9, 2016 at 8:31 am)mh.brewer Wrote: OK, so what is the point?

Wit stoner it's always nutjob quoting nutjob. That Spencer guy is the founder of Jihadwatch. Depending on point of view it's either an extreme rightwing site to discredit every muslim on this world or about covering yourself into tinfoill from head to toe.

Don't expect stoner to post anything sane people can subsrcibe to.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(August 9, 2016 at 8:44 am)ReptilianPeon Wrote: All religion makes people mentally ill to an extent. [edit]

Agree. That's why I refer to it as a fantasy delusion. Unfortunately society accepts the delusion, for the most part. When the delusion is taken to the extreme, or is incorporated in with other delusions, is when problems within society begin.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(August 9, 2016 at 3:09 am)mralstoner Wrote: https://twitter.com/NickNchlsn/status/76...7655269376

*violent terrorists

Fixed that for you.
I do wonder sometimes about the portrayal of crimes where Islam is an obvious motivation being portrayed as mental illness. The people who give that leeway towards, say the nightclub shooter in Florida are the same who say the planned parenthood shooter (who was actually mentally ill and judged unfit to stand trial) was a right wing terrorist. Maybe some of the incidents are mentally ill people, seems like kind of a stretch that there are so many muslims who are severely mentally ill and happen to pledge allegiance to the Islamic state. To brush it all off as mental illness seems like political correctness run amok.

Of course to believe all the supernatural claims made by Islam does require a bit of mental illness.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Basics of Islam 3: Robert Spencer on Wasn't Muhammad Peaceful? mralstoner 3 1524 May 30, 2016 at 3:25 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Just a heads up: May 16th is "Global Messenger Day" apparently ReptilianPeon 14 3276 April 1, 2015 at 8:06 pm
Last Post: Regina
  Robert Spencer's Non-Scholarly Tricks Revealed Rayaan 22 4308 January 15, 2015 at 8:41 pm
Last Post: Rayaan
  Mental Tricks in Islam : Ramadan Fasting exMohammed 2 2393 August 17, 2014 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: ShaMan
  Robert Spencer,1st International Symposium on Liberty and Islam Gooders1002 0 780 March 16, 2014 at 1:32 am
Last Post: Gooders1002