Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Interesting video
Interesting video
Evening all. Well, I managed to stumble upon this video and found it quite interesting. Whether the guy in the video is actually being genuine about leaving Islam, I don't know, but it sounds legitimate. If the video has already been posted, then please merge this thread into the appropriate thread. I had to laugh at his half American, half-Arabic accent. 

Good luck to him, and I hope he doesn't go into Judaism or Christianism either, because they are all the same thing.
RE: Interesting video
I don't know if this guy is genuine. But I tend to look at the background of youtube posters to get a general idea where they are coming from and who's subscribing to what they say. This guy is almost exclusively praised by the extreme right and the affiliated tinfoil segment.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(August 24, 2016 at 3:46 pm)abaris Wrote: I don't know if this guy is genuine. But I tend to look at the background of youtube posters to get a general idea where they are coming from and who's subscribing to what they say. This guy is almost exclusively praised by the extreme right and the affiliated tinfoil segment.

Thanks for saying that you toerag...... Tongue I was looking for a video for my girlfriends nephew (he converted to Islam about 3 years ago, he grew up as a Catholic, converted to Rastafarianism because he lived in Guadeloupe and he met a Moroccan bit and converted again.) The video I watched, but I am someone who never reads comments because it spoils the video (I am a great fan of National geographic videos of wild animals and how they interact with each other and their environment, and all you read are comments like "oh, poor hyena etc etc etc. It stopped me from reading comments, just like comments can have something about a storyline and they are not spoilered, which annoys me no end.) To be honest, I think he is genuine simply because of the arabic accent he has. Either that, or he simply studied arab at a University.
(August 24, 2016 at 3:46 pm)abaris Wrote: I don't know if this guy is genuine. But I tend to look at the background of youtube posters to get a general idea where they are coming from and who's subscribing to what they say. This guy is almost exclusively praised by the extreme right and the affiliated tinfoil segment.

Are you going to provide proof of that?

Because you're very biased.
(August 24, 2016 at 3:52 pm)RobertE Wrote: The video I watched, but I am someone who never reads comments because it spoils the video (I am a great fan of National geographic videos of wild animals and how they interact with each other and their environment, and all you read are comments like "oh, poor hyena etc etc etc. It stopped me from reading comments, just like comments can have something about a storyline and they are not spoilered, which annoys me no end.) To be honest, I think he is genuine simply because of the arabic accent he has. Either that, or he simply studied arab at a University.

I didn't read the commens either. I just looked that Ismaa'eel up on the web and what people say about him. Turns out, he seems to be a regular hero for Jihadwatch, which is a site known for mixing fact and fiction to paint as negative a picture of Islam as a whole as possible. Known port of call for rightwing extremists, who also make up the majority of cóntributors. Also very tinfoily on the side with conspiracies all over the board. A few other known suspects chime in also. In all that filth I didn't find any serious mention of his name and channel, which was what I was looking for. Some background info on where he's actually coming from.
(August 24, 2016 at 3:53 pm)Bella Morte Wrote:

Are you going to provide proof of that?

I have just read some of the comments and to be honest, I don't think the comments were from the extreme right. I mean, if he had said that he left Judaism or Catholicism, then the same things would have been said. At the end of the day, all religions; Islam, Judaism and Christianity have skeletons in their closets, yet their followers won't hear a word against it.
(August 24, 2016 at 3:58 pm)RobertE Wrote:
(August 24, 2016 at 3:53 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: Are you going to provide proof of that?

I have just read some of the comments and to be honest, I don't think the comments were from the extreme right. I mean, if he had said that he left Judaism or Catholicism, then the same things would have been said. At the end of the day, all religions; Islam, Judaism and Christianity have skeletons in their closets, yet their followers won't hear a word against it.

Exactly.
(August 24, 2016 at 3:53 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: Are you going to provide proof of that?

You know it's quite easy. You call up google, type in brother Ismaa'eel and look at what crops up. I'm sure you can take it from there.
(August 24, 2016 at 3:57 pm)abaris Wrote:
(August 24, 2016 at 3:52 pm)RobertE Wrote: The video I watched, but I am someone who never reads comments because it spoils the video (I am a great fan of National geographic videos of wild animals and how they interact with each other and their environment, and all you read are comments like "oh, poor hyena etc etc etc. It stopped me from reading comments, just like comments can have something about a storyline and they are not spoilered, which annoys me no end.) To be honest, I think he is genuine simply because of the arabic accent he has. Either that, or he simply studied arab at a University.

I didn't read the commens either. I just looked that Ismaa'eel up on the web and what people say about him. Turns out, he seems to be a regular hero for Jihadwatch, which is a site known for mixing fact and fiction to paint as negative a picture of Islam as a whole as possible. Known port of call for rightwing extremists, who also make up the majority of cóntributors. Also very tinfoily on the side with conspiracies all over the board.

I guess that happens to be honest abaris. You can hear the hatred in his voice and his words. He wants to say those things. If indeed he was a muslim and he didn't believe that stuff at the start, then Islam must be some shit. I mean, not listening to others trying to tell you about what the koran says.

I thought your first reply was a dig at me, hence the smiley at the end.
(August 24, 2016 at 3:58 pm)RobertE Wrote: I have just read some of the comments and to be honest, I don't think the comments were from the extreme right.

I don't mean the comments, which don't interest me one bit. I mean the actual person and his reception on the web.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interesting Conversation with a Muslim miaharun 32 4675 November 24, 2015 at 10:29 am
Last Post: mr_j936
  I find this very interesting dyresand 0 816 January 28, 2015 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  An Interesting video Zakir_250 31 8912 February 12, 2012 at 8:01 pm
Last Post: Epimethean