Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:31 am

Poll: Ever heard of this before?
This poll is closed.
Nope, never heard of it.
88.89%
8 88.89%
Yes, I have heard of it.
0%
0 0%
I have not only heard of it, but I am one.
0%
0 0%
Hammy is best turtle.
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lithromantics/akoiromantics/apromantics?
Lithromantics/akoiromantics/apromantics?
This is both strange and fascinating to me. Anyone heard of this before?

Quote:Lithromantic (also known as akoiromantic or apromantic) is a romantic orientation on the aromantic spectrum.

Somebody who is lithromantic can feel romantic attraction towards others and also enjoy being in romantic relationships but only in theory. They do not need the affection to be reciprocated, and as such do not usually feel compelled to seek out a relationship with their crush. Some lithromantics may also stop feeling their romantic attraction once in a relationship.

Someone who identifies as lithromantic can be romance repulsed, romance indifferent / neutral / apathetic towards romance, or romance positive. Like with any romantic orientation, lithromantic individuals can have any sexual orientation.

Due to controversy of appropriating lesbian culture, the term has been reclined to be akoiromantic, as well as apromantic.

Source:

http://aromantic.wikia.com/wiki/Lithromantic

Lith/akoi/ap/romantics even have their own proposed flag:

[Image: latest?cb=20140808065956]

How obscure is this? I've never heard of it.
RE: Lithromantics/akoiromantics/apromantics?
No idea, but certain aromas take me back memory lane. Back to childhood or certain romantic adventures. It depends on the odor, but the pictures always come unbidden. Colors have the same effect on me. Sometimes I see or smell something and I'm suddenly back in the year of 1979 or even the 60ies when I was nothing but a toddler. I also associate colors with years. 1967 was yellow, '68 was blue and '69 was red.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
More pointlessly divisive LGBTSPECIALSNOWFLAKEYAWNBORED+ community terms, that people can get offended when someone reacts like "wtf does that mean?"

The only relevant LGBT+ terms are; gay/lesbian (or equivalents), bisexual, asexual, trans, genderqueer or intersex. Those cover everything that needs to be covered. Any other sexuality, sex or gender terms are just attention seeking and/or probably don't need identity politics around them.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Seems like a lot of shite to me.
If it covers the whole spectrum of negative, neutral and positive romance, then just call it romance and drop the tongue twister.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Everyone gets a trophy, and a special group of their own!

(September 3, 2016 at 3:12 pm)Yeauxleaux Wrote: More pointlessly divisive LGBTSPECIALSNOWFLAKEYAWNBORED+ community terms, that people can get offended when someone reacts like "wtf does that mean?"

The only relevant LGBT+ terms are; gay/lesbian (or equivalents), bisexual, asexual, trans, genderqueer or intersex. Those cover everything that needs to be covered. Any other sexuality, sex or gender terms are just attention seeking and/or probably don't need identity politics around them.

You just triggered the fuck out of me. I need a safe space. Devil
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
(September 3, 2016 at 3:12 pm)Yeauxleaux Wrote: More pointlessly divisive LGBTSPECIALSNOWFLAKEYAWNBORED+ community terms, that people can get offended when someone reacts like "wtf does that mean?"

I guess it makes online dating a lot easier though... for those in the know... just a list of buzzwords in their profile and people know exactly what they're getting; the mixed blessing that is the label... on the one hand fitting in and feeling like you belong to a group and on the other hand the divisiveness, as you say, that labels cause.