Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enyo: highly recommended
Enyo: highly recommended
I've been hooked on this game I found recently. Pun intended.

The story is apparently that you are Enyo, the goddess of war. You have a shield and a hookshot, and you have to retrieve these artifacts.

The way you do this is to fight through 10 stages of a dungeon, in each of the 3 modes. You have to kill all the enemies. The unusual aspect is that it is turned based combat. It's somewhat like a bizarre game of chess, with your super powered piece trying to hunt and kill all the enemy pieces without ever getting captured yourself. It requires strategy and planning. It also has some fairly deep mechanics and nuances, which I'm even now still figuring out the details of.

You can play normal mode for free, but you get adverts in it. I enjoyed it so much, I was happy to pay the one-off £1.50 to clear the adverts and to unlock game modes 2 and 3. I'm still playing it after a week, and I haven't yet beaten it on the expert setting yet. Stage 8 is my best so far. The graphical style is kind of dark and well presented, and the music is very atmospheric.

It's available on iPad and iPhone, and on Google Play. This is, I think, the first time I've parted with real money on an iPad game despite playing hundreds of them.

http://www.enyo-game.com/

[Image: phone_1.jpg]
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: Enyo: highly recommended
God damn bollock bastards. Still not got past stage 8 on expert.

The daily challenge mode is a headfuck too. There's these creepy shadowy monsters (wait, isn't that all of them?) which have multiple abilities, and even switch which ones they have during the level. I'm normally safe from a charge attack behind lava, because minotaurs can't fly. But a shadow bastard with horns and wings can do so just fine. Owch.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
Very cool game, thanks!
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder
You're welcome Smile

I've recorded myself playing it a little. Once I've got it on YouTube I'll post it here.

Index of my best videos
Here we go, it's ready.

Hardcore gamers who plan to play this game shouldn't watch this video as it contains some hints and tricks that aren't immediately obvious. For anyone else, here's a taster of the game with me playing it Smile

The game crashed at the end of the video, which is the first time it has ever crashed in all the hours I've played it. Weird!

https://youtu.be/LAy78GBRLwE

Index of my best videos
I'm not obsessed.

A patch has been released which fixes some problems, adds some features and lets you play normal mode without ads. So you can get a really good feel for the game for free now. Normal mode will still probably take people a few hours to clear.

Index of my best videos
The update to the game also adds a much improved and replayable tutorial. It doesn't teach you all the tricks, but it warms you up better and tells you a few extra things.

Index of my best videos
I finally cleared this on expert!

God damn, it's hard. Took me hundreds of attempts.

I realised they improved the control system... or maybe it was always like it? Anyhow, after the update, you can slide your finger from anywhere on the screen. You don't have to start actually on your dude chick. This makes it easier so you don't have your finger over the crucial square to see exactly where you'll end up.

There are some bugs in the control system though. I might try and report them. Generally it's ok, if you're careful. It's possible to do things you're not meant to be able to do, like run your character into lava or stun yourself against a wall (using shield dash/move).

Index of my best videos
I was thoroughly disgusted that retrieving all three artifacts, after just several hundred hours of gameplay, does not unlock more modes. Shocked! I paid a full £1.50 for this game Tongue

Seriously though, please make a sequel. Please make more content. I fucking love this game. I might actually fuck it.

Index of my best videos
[Image: 1bc4qz.jpg]

There's been a second update which fixes some of the bugs I mentioned before. I'm impressed!

I'm not sure if the updates are downloaded automatically for new players. I recommend checking. You also get an "extra try", as the developer must have felt the game is pretty brutal so gave us some leeway. You're allowed to fuck up once and replay the current stage. After that, back to the start.

Just beating the game is challenge enough, especially on expert, but there's also the scoring system. It's weird and not very well explained, so I think I'll write a little guide here about it soon. I only finally figured out the last detail about it after beating the world record... haha. Which then helped me replay to get a better score of 157 out of a possible 165.

Index of my best videos