Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Question No Theist Can Answer.
The Question No Theist Can Answer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHa79ODbfcg

So where is the evidence that my magic sandwich is wrong. Wink Shades

For those not involved in the YT scene:

A evangelican Christian who goes by the name of ShockofGod made a fake video where he claims to demolish the Atheist Experience even though the video is a clear fabrication (I guess he thinks lying for Jesus is okay or something).

The user DonExodus2 was in a Skype Conversation with DprJones and a Christian named TruthfulChristian. After a while DonExodus got fed up with the constant goalpost moving and called in as a "magicsandwichist" using ShockofGods tactic.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
RE: The Question No Theist Can Answer.
(August 26, 2010 at 2:38 pm)leo-rcc Wrote: A evangelican Christian who goes by the name of ShockofGod made a fake video where he claims to demolish the Atheist Experience even though the video is a clear fabrication (I guess he thinks lying for Jesus is okay or something).

Hey it worked for Martin Luther: "What harm would it do, if a man told a good strong lie for the sake of the good and for the Christian church … a lie out of necessity, a useful lie, a helpful lie, such lies would not be against God, he would accept them."
“Society is not a disease, it is a disaster. What a stupid miracle that one can live in it.” ~ E.M. Cioran
I'm sure the bible mentions something about false testimony though. Jesus
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
And Eusebius.

Quote:"How far it may be proper to use falsehood as a medium for the benefit of those who require to be deceived"

--- Eusebius Pamphilus of Caesarea,

Always the good xtians, huh?
(August 26, 2010 at 3:54 pm)leo-rcc Wrote: I'm sure the bible mentions something about false testimony though. Jesus

And yet I'm sure there are plenty of Christians (if not the majority) who will tell at least a white life every now and then. Not to hurt people's feelings, etc.

If a Christian's wife asks how she looks in her new dress, he thinks she looks awful in it and isn't able to duck the issue because she's very persistent in her questioning, and he is telling at least a white life if he understates what he thinks, he may have to respond with something like "You look absolutely terrible in it in my opinion", which may really upset her. I doubt there are many Christians who never lie in a situation just like that.

But they've got nothing to lose because all they have to do is ask Jesus for forgiveness. And it's forgiven apparently. And Jesus will apparently just as easily forgive genocide if the person who is responsible for it is truly sorry. Wow, definitely not utterly immoral and completely implausible.
I think there is some difference between "No honey, you don't look fat in that dress" and "I phoned in to the Atheist Experience and I had these presenters stumped. Here is my video for proof.".

http://atheistexperience.blogspot.com/20...n-lie.html
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Pastafarian
Yeah but if all lies are forbidden then white lies still count. Even tiny exaggerations or slight understatements technically count. If they don't then it would have to be specified what types of lying doesn't count.
(August 26, 2010 at 3:54 pm)leo-rcc Wrote: I'm sure the bible mentions something about false testimony though. Jesus

It also says something about murder, but that never stopped the bastards.
“Society is not a disease, it is a disaster. What a stupid miracle that one can live in it.” ~ E.M. Cioran
It's only murder if you kill one of God's people Tiger
(August 26, 2010 at 4:04 pm)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: And yet I'm sure there are plenty of Christians (if not the majority) who will tell at least a white life every now and then. Not to hurt people's feelings, etc.

As the Christian cliche goes, "Christians aren't perfect, only forgiven." There's a stock answer for everything.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hilarious Atheist vs. Theist debate highlights Tea Earl Grey Hot 4 3158 May 9, 2012 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  priest can't answer simple theology question.. LOL Jay1982 20 4222 October 25, 2011 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Sam Harris: Science can answer moral questions Edwardo Piet 10 3637 July 22, 2010 at 3:14 am
Last Post: leo-rcc
  Sam Harris: Science can answer moral questions. leo-rcc 0 1172 March 22, 2010 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: leo-rcc
  Beyond the atheist vs theist vid Purple Rabbit 8 3078 January 5, 2010 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet