Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kissing?
Kissing?
Something I've always wondered about...

Is kissing (as us humans do it), instinctive, or did we kind of "invent" it? 

Many animals show affection by licking. It's their way of giving kisses and obviously an instinct for them. I wonder if our instinct is also to lick as a show of affection but since it's kind of gross we've invented the kiss. 

Anyone else ever wonder this? Thoughts? Comments? I'm bored today.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
RE: Kissing?
Teenagers kiss and I'm pretty sure they're not human.
(October 24, 2016 at 4:04 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: Teenagers kiss and I'm pretty sure they're not human.

Good point lol. 

Also, I see you've decided to take the plunge. Welcome!  Smile
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
It's why Tic-Tacs were invented.
Because we evolved from fish. Wink

[Image: e518fab482e3bae214d8e70dd0257bfa.jpg?v=173000]

I suppose it depends on the kiss...some look like two people trying to consume the other face first.
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder
Some animals lick a parent's face to indicate they're ready to eat, so the animal can vomit up some food. Gives new meaning to a puppy licking your face, huh?
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(October 24, 2016 at 4:37 pm)Chad32 Wrote: Some animals lick a parent's face to indicate they're ready to eat, so the animal can vomit up some food. Gives new meaning to a puppy licking your face, huh?

Makes me want to throw up...hey it works! Hehe
(October 24, 2016 at 4:37 pm)Chad32 Wrote: Some animals lick a parent's face to indicate they're ready to eat, so the animal can vomit up some food. Gives new meaning to a puppy licking your face, huh?

*Resolves to puke on his puppy at the first opportunity. 'Cause love!*
(October 24, 2016 at 4:41 pm)Crossless1 Wrote:

*Resolves to puke on his puppy at the first opportunity. 'Cause love!*

You're not fooling anyone, Brundlefly!
(October 24, 2016 at 4:43 pm)Arkilogue Wrote:
(October 24, 2016 at 4:41 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: *Resolves to puke on his puppy at the first opportunity. 'Cause love!*

You're not fooling anyone, Brundlefly!

If I had fly DNA, I certainly wouldn't be working a fucking desk job. I'd be a cat burglar or something -- at least until the transformation was past a certain point and my wife just decided to blow my head off.

The dog is quite safe, though she'll probably give me the stink eye for the rest of her life. Perhaps I should rethink this.