Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 7:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Atheist here!
New Atheist here!
What's up everybody.

I'm from the United States, more specifically the Midwest. I grew up with religion, at times, mildly shoved down my throat. Nothing too insane... i.e. I wasn't home schooled by Creationists or forced to attend Jesus Camp or anything like that. My grandparents did make me go to my confirmation (I think that's the right word for it :/) because they, at the time, considered themselves Catholic. Though I suspect they did so due to pressure from my great grandparents who were alive at that time. I also attended some 'PSR' classes, or whatever they were called, which were basically classes on religion held after school at a nearby church.

Besides that, my dad definitely tried to shove some 700 club style Revelations BS down my throat. This lead to me questioning a lot of things and later realizing that I never really believed in any of that in the first place. I eventually read the Bible almost in its entirety and realized that it's just a book of loosely connected (at best) fictional stories.

I don't really buy into the idea of there ACTUALLY being someone named Jesus. The evidence, in my opinion, is shaky at best, despite the fact that historians have supposedly already come to a consensus on this according to some people. Just doesn't seem to make sense to me.

I consider myself to be an agnostic atheist, as well as a Satanist. And no, that is not a contradiction.

I don't know if I really ever did believe in a god, but if I did, my trajectory was basically going from Christian to deist to agnostic (as the word is defined in common usage) to a pretty decided agnostic atheist with maybe SOME new age type spiritual inclinations, to a very decided agnostic atheist with no spiritual inclinations whatsoever, to a Satanist.

I am not spiritual, I am a materialist, an egoist and a Satanist. Spirituality is just as silly to me as religion, but to each their own I suppose.

I look forward to having some interesting conversations here and maybe even learning a little bit (or a lot) from you guys.
“Love is the only bow on Life’s dark cloud. It is the morning and the evening star. It shines upon the babe, and sheds its radiance on the quiet tomb. It is the mother of art, inspirer of poet, patriot and philosopher.

It is the air and light of every heart – builder of every home, kindler of every fire on every hearth. It was the first to dream of immortality. It fills the world with melody – for music is the voice of love.

Love is the magician, the enchanter, that changes worthless things to Joy, and makes royal kings and queens of common clay. It is the perfume of that wondrous flower, the heart, and without that sacred passion, that divine swoon, we are less than beasts; but with it, earth is heaven, and we are gods.” - Robert. G. Ingersoll

RE: New Atheist here!
Satanists are good.... they annoy the piss out of the jesus freaks.

Welcome.
Nice to you have you here, sir.  AF is full of kind, knowledgeable, intelligent, funny, and creative members.  I'm sure you'll come across them in no time.  Live long and prosper.

Welcome!

We don't have any Satanists, so far as I know, so your input will be a fresh perspective!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
lol! Being a Satanist mainly just means I don't like most people, but I'm sure that won't be the case here, as I'll be around like minded company Smile
“Love is the only bow on Life’s dark cloud. It is the morning and the evening star. It shines upon the babe, and sheds its radiance on the quiet tomb. It is the mother of art, inspirer of poet, patriot and philosopher.

It is the air and light of every heart – builder of every home, kindler of every fire on every hearth. It was the first to dream of immortality. It fills the world with melody – for music is the voice of love.

Love is the magician, the enchanter, that changes worthless things to Joy, and makes royal kings and queens of common clay. It is the perfume of that wondrous flower, the heart, and without that sacred passion, that divine swoon, we are less than beasts; but with it, earth is heaven, and we are gods.” - Robert. G. Ingersoll

Welcome!

If I remember my youth correctly there was some damn fine prepubescent sex at Jesus camp. Sorry you missed out. 

Why did I just sniff my fingers?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Welcome.
Hi.

Turn to Jeeezzzus and be savvved from the firey depths of Hell-a.

J/k. Welcome.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
Shemhamforash!
“Life is like a grapefruit. Well, it's sort of orangey-yellow and dimpled on the outside, wet and squidgy in the middle. It's got pips inside, too. Oh, and some people have half a one for breakfast.”  - Ford Prefect
Welcome.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi everybody! New here (She/It) requiredfield 22 482 April 2, 2024 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  New Here Nomistic 13 571 February 12, 2024 at 1:42 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  I'm new here Sigiere 14 968 May 24, 2023 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New here Rdougall 9 1261 January 27, 2023 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New guy here Roykok 8 1092 November 10, 2022 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie