Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 2:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voted yesterday.....
Voted yesterday.....
Yes, I voted for Hillary and I am sick of the garbage about her being the same as Trump. One politician does not run our entire government and there have always been checks and balances on all three branches. Our ideas as voters are still on the right side of history. Better pay for workers, women's rights to control their own bodies. Taxing the rich and ending corporate welfare. Neither Hillary or Bill for that matter were known nationally when Reagan won his first election in 1980 and started the age of deregulation and union busting and the competition for poverty wages. The only thing our party can be accused of is too much compromise and voter apathy at the local and state level, but 36 years of GOP gerrymandering also has not helped.

So at my polling place yesterday, some dipshit had that stupid Trump hat on "Make Germany Great Again", and tried to hand me a conservative ticket sample passing him and my response, "No thanks, I don't vote for bigots".

November 8th will not take all night to call and there will be no 2000 repeat. The only unknown will be how big the gap is. Get used to "Madam President".
RE: Voted yesterday.....
I am voting this morning. My candidate will not win. I agree we will be saying Madam President soon. Then again, Americans should not underestimate themselves.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(November 1, 2016 at 8:19 am)chimp3 Wrote: I am voting this morning. My candidate will not win. I agree we will be saying Madam President soon. Then again, Americans should not underestimate themselves.

Trump had no business getting as far has he did in any case. His comments on Hispanics should have sank him. His calling captured Veterans losers should have sank him. His 5 years of birtherism and year of scapegoating everyone is NOTHING either party should aspire to. He is a result of decades of right wing coded dog whistle bigotry and cold war commie bullshit.

When you have 50 REPUBLICAN law agents condemning you, on top of Generals who served under both parties calling you dangerous, you are just that. Trump has gone way beyond the political mudslinging that has always existed in our history. He has piled onto that Jim Crow, McCarthism and the scapegoating demagoguery hyper nationalism of WW2 Germany.

He has made extremely dangerous comments about harming political rivals thinking he can pass that off as just "talk". That asshole doesn't understand or does and simply does not care, that his WWE Jerry Springer act may play well on cable TV and shock jock radio, but it has no place in politics in the civil west.

FUCK TRUMP and I will be glad when he has his ass handed to him.
Trump will be going to court twice before the year is over including this http://www.rawstory.com/2016/11/witness-...er-victim/
I voted by mail a few days back. I actually felt empowered rather than confused. I used Ballotpedia for the first time, as well as SDVote. Usually my info gathering leaves a whole ton to be desired. But this time, I was informed.

I wanna vote again!
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
If Trump doesn't become president I'll be happy.
(November 1, 2016 at 10:20 am)Alasdair Ham Wrote: If Trump doesn't become president I'll be happy.

Its America. I fully expect him to be voted in.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(November 1, 2016 at 7:29 am)Brian37 Wrote: So at my polling place yesterday, some dipshit had that stupid Trump hat on "Make Germany Great Again", and tried to hand me a conservative ticket sample passing him and my response, "No thanks, I don't vote for bigots".

I think that's a tiny bit illegal, seeing as how it can be considered campaigning at a polling place.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(November 1, 2016 at 9:49 am)Brian37 Wrote: Trump will be going to court twice before the year is over including this http://www.rawstory.com/2016/11/witness-...er-victim/

If only that had come out back when it happened and not now, we'd never be threatened with a Trump presidency.  Of course the idea of a Ted Cruz presidency isn't much better.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(November 1, 2016 at 1:03 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(November 1, 2016 at 10:20 am)Alasdair Ham Wrote: If Trump doesn't become president I'll be happy.

Its America. I fully expect him to be voted in.

Unlikely.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I voted today. Brian37 17 967 October 25, 2020 at 10:48 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Apparently 600 million people voted for Trump.. A Godzilla fan 6 910 October 5, 2019 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Good News from yesterday's election. Brian37 14 2104 November 9, 2018 at 11:57 am
Last Post: Brian37
  I Voted today. Brian37 109 11053 November 7, 2018 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  And If You Voted For Him, You're The Shithead Minimalist 3 612 July 22, 2017 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Best pic of yesterday's shitshow. Brian37 15 3197 January 22, 2017 at 10:48 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  6 million fewer Democrats voted in 2016... Jehanne 51 7668 November 16, 2016 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  I voted stonedape 42 4163 November 7, 2014 at 1:09 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Why the U.S. needs single-payer healthcare like yesterday Ryantology 22 4286 January 23, 2014 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I voted Autumnlicious 9 3650 October 29, 2012 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: Annik