Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I voted
I voted
Today I turned in my Vote by mail.

No more back and forths, reading bullshit by either candidate and myriad in-between "has got a chance of a snow ball in hell" third party ridicularities...

I voted. It's in at the county office and clear.

I'm glad it's over with.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
RE: I voted
Why did you vote?
I'm tempted to vote early, but I like taking the kids along with me when I vote. I think it's important for them to see their parents participating.
(October 29, 2012 at 5:14 pm)Spectrum Wrote: Why did you vote?

Because my state does other elections at the same time, so my civic duty, while tasteless, overrode my dislike of the false dilemma.

In any case, I'd rather Obama than that rich cunt Romney.

If the Repubs threw a much better candidate (IE a real fiscal conservative, not a social conservative), I'd actually consider voting for them...

I also know that the third party is going nowhere until Citizens United is overturned and significant funding of third parties becomes a reality.

(October 29, 2012 at 5:14 pm)festive1 Wrote: I'm tempted to vote early, but I like taking the kids along with me when I vote. I think it's important for them to see their parents participating.

My family turned in their ballots with me. Smile
Obama is a rich cunt just like Romney is. You think those people actually care about us? Both fake, both actors on the "political stage".

The Libertarians have a pretty good candidate Gary Johnson, too bad they don't let him on the TV.
Which is why I said the third party is going nowhere.
(October 29, 2012 at 5:02 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: Today I turned in my Vote by mail.

No more back and forths, reading bullshit by either candidate and myriad in-between "has got a chance of a snow ball in hell" third party ridicularities...

I voted. It's in at the county office and clear.

I'm glad it's over with.

Good for you.
[Image: generic_sig.jpg]
(October 29, 2012 at 5:02 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: I'm glad it's over with.

This is how I will feel. Any disappointment at the reality of a president Romney or relief I would fell for him being denied the highest will be greatly outweighed by the elation I will feel that the whole goddamn election is done with.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(October 29, 2012 at 5:48 pm)Faith No More Wrote:
(October 29, 2012 at 5:02 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: I'm glad it's over with.

This is how I will feel. Any disappointment at the reality of a president Romney or relief I would fell for him being denied the highest will be greatly outweighed by the elation I will feel that the whole goddamn election is done with.

Just imagine... no more ads, no more debates... I seriously can't wait, however it goes, at least it'll be over.
I voted, too. I know my third party choice isn't one most agree with/think is advisable, but I could not (in good faith) vote for either main party candidate.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I voted today. Brian37 17 1028 October 25, 2020 at 10:48 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Apparently 600 million people voted for Trump.. A Godzilla fan 6 940 October 5, 2019 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  I Voted today. Brian37 109 11256 November 7, 2018 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  And If You Voted For Him, You're The Shithead Minimalist 3 628 July 22, 2017 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  6 million fewer Democrats voted in 2016... Jehanne 51 7746 November 16, 2016 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  Voted yesterday..... Brian37 76 6354 November 4, 2016 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  I voted stonedape 42 4267 November 7, 2014 at 1:09 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Louisiana Republican shocked that she voted to help fund Muslim schools. Ziploc Surprise 24 9679 July 7, 2012 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: Ziploc Surprise