Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proud to be a Kiwi :)
Proud to be a Kiwi :)
These posters are going up around Auckland:

[Image: pedopope.jpeg]

Smile Love it
RE: Proud to be a Kiwi :)
There are more as well:

[Image: tick-tock.preview.jpg]

[Image: brainwashin-brian.preview.jpg]
(Brian Tamaki, the "pope" of the Destiny Church in NZ-- in other words, US American-style Christianity)

[Image: hole-e-christ-poster-final.preview.jpg]

[Image: 4_33.jpg]

New Zealand is the best-kept secret in the world. Been three times, lived there in 2007 briefly. Would love to emigrate there. (even if kiwis did elect John Key for PM!)
“Society is not a disease, it is a disaster. What a stupid miracle that one can live in it.” ~ E.M. Cioran
New Zealand is the shit! Big Grin
"God is dead" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Faith is what you have in things that DON'T exist. - Homer J. Simpson
And they don't get taken down or defaced by religious nuts? (Or by guys like me who would only take one of each to hang in the guys lounge/garage.) How much would it cost to move to NZ from the US? I might consider that when it's time to retire!
The one thing everybody needs to remember is that I never claimed to be sane!
From what I have heard... they do not allow resident status to foreign nationals very easily over there. Would you?
(August 30, 2010 at 12:05 pm)parrotpirate Wrote: And they don't get taken down or defaced by religious nuts? (Or by guys like me who would only take one of each to hang in the guys lounge/garage.) How much would it cost to move to NZ from the US? I might consider that when it's time to retire!

Its difficult (I've tried). You can get a three month visitor visa maximum. There are a few avenues you can take with the NZ Immigration Service, but you basically have to have specific skills they want at a given time (something important, like a doctor). Or you are f*ing rich.

There's another route that is a bit of a catch-22: Certain prospective places of employment are certified with the NZIS and if you get a job offer at one of those places, you can get a work permit, which is a stepping stone to obtaining residency and eventually citizenship. The problem is, those places of employment aren't keen on interviewing someone without already having a work permit. I never sussed that one out (as kiwis would say).

Last time I looked, if you are 55 or older, you can't do it (unless, again, you are loaded).

Be wary of the immigration agencies you can pay for services. I got burned by one back in 2007.

Or you could just find a nice kiwi girl and get married.

I understand the immigration process is similar in Australia and also Canada (I've looked). Its very complicated and maddening.

Because, idiot me, I dropped out of university years ago I screwed myself over. Here I am at age 40 unhappily stuck in the US-- and in the south, no less. My best bet is to move to Vermont.

NZ is a beautiful country, an interesting culture and the vast majority of the people I knew, met and came across were so nice it took some getting used to.

“Society is not a disease, it is a disaster. What a stupid miracle that one can live in it.” ~ E.M. Cioran
(August 30, 2010 at 8:14 am)Shinylight Wrote: New Zealand is the shit! Big Grin

Yeah, it's like Australia, but with less malevolent wildlife.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Damnit Entropist, they let all these fucking broke-ass, khat-dealing Somali Muslims into the country, something is seriously fucking wrong with the rules.
(August 30, 2010 at 5:55 pm)theVOID Wrote: Damnit Entropist, they let all these fucking broke-ass, khat-dealing Somali Muslims into the country, something is seriously fucking wrong with the rules.

Maybe I could build a case for political asylum! HELP! I'm trapped in a country full of religious nuts! Get me outta here!
(August 29, 2010 at 6:06 pm)Entropist Wrote: (even if kiwis did elect John Key for PM!)

John Key is the best fucking prime minister in recent memory. He's intelligent, rational, non-religious and liberal.

(August 30, 2010 at 8:37 pm)Entropist Wrote:
(August 30, 2010 at 5:55 pm)theVOID Wrote: Damnit Entropist, they let all these fucking broke-ass, khat-dealing Somali Muslims into the country, something is seriously fucking wrong with the rules.

Maybe I could build a case for political asylum! HELP! I'm trapped in a country full of religious nuts! Get me outta here!

I'll sponsor you! I could probably find you a job prior to immigration if you are serious Tongue
(August 30, 2010 at 12:05 pm)parrotpirate Wrote: And they don't get taken down or defaced by religious nuts? (Or by guys like me who would only take one of each to hang in the guys lounge/garage.) How much would it cost to move to NZ from the US? I might consider that when it's time to retire!

Oh no they most certainly will, however people will just put more up!

I'm most excited about the Muslim reaction to Tick-tock Mohummad Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proud slaves of God. purplepurpose 33 7905 December 18, 2017 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb