Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'God' is likely atheistic (I, an atheist, shall likely become a 'God', no trolling)
'God' is likely atheistic (I, an atheist, shall likely become a 'God', no trolling)
[Image: yF3R2EK.png]

['A']
I am but a causal body builder/software engineer.
I am atheistic, and thereafter, I (like Google, Microsoft) shall likely become 'God'.
How can an atheist stipulate that 'God' is likely? [See B-C]
NOTE: I have not any belief whatsoever.
However, one needn't belief to observe probabilities. [Sample Observation: Non-omniscient Gods are LIKELY]

['B']
We shall likely become non-omniscient, non-omnipotent Gods, forging more powerful, albeit non-omniscient brain based artificial intelligence aligned Gods.

['C']

On Moore's law, by 2020, non-human machines will likely be able to approximate human level brain cycles (10^15 flops).
Therein, human intellect is shown to be 'creatable':

Today, brain based models already equal/exceed human intellect, in task/task groups ranging from language translation to disease diagnosis. (And likely all tasks by 2020)

['D']
God Definition:
In summary, probabilistically, the ability to generate artificial intelligence, that surpasses the net intellect of one’s species, and or compute simulation of universes (with intellect resembling prior), is that which classifies said species as God-bound.

Scientific article [from which the above definition is derived] is available upon request (I can't post urls here).

['E']
An early approximation of mine of 'God':
Moderator Notice
Removed github link in violation of 30/30 rule
RE: 'God' is likely atheistic (I, an atheist, shall likely become a 'God', no trolling)
Um.... yeah.

Welcome to the forum! Big Grin
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
RE: 'God' is likely atheistic (I, an atheist, shall likely become a 'God', no trolling)
Where is the good language translation? Because I've only found non-human translators that suck balls
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
I thank you
Also...thank you for editing to make your letters bigger. I almost missed them Tongue

Welcome to AF Smile
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(November 2, 2016 at 12:48 am)Losty Wrote: Where is the good language translation? Because I've only found non-human translators that suck balls

See language-translating earbuds, or skype.

(November 2, 2016 at 12:49 am)Losty Wrote: Also...thank you for editing to make your letters bigger. I almost missed them Tongue

Welcome to AF Smile

Still in the editing phase.
 I have eye problems, so I tend to highlight letters.
This shit sounds like it's straight out of r/futurology but yeah, it's all good, welcome Smile
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
Welcome PGJ! Are you feeling allright?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(November 2, 2016 at 3:20 am)Lucanus Wrote: This shit sounds like it's straight out of r/futurology but yeah, it's all good, welcome Smile

It entails observed statistics (Moore's Law...)

I tend to erase opinion/emotion/bias from my expressions.

(November 2, 2016 at 3:22 am)Alex K Wrote: Welcome PGJ! Are you feeling allright?

[i] I am mostly adequate.
[ii] I haven't had a meaningful face to face conversation in all my 25 years. (Atheism is quite low in Jamaica)
[iii] Due to [ii] I may be dying inside.

Albeit, I am not suffering from hunger/strife, nor do I have any terminal illness. (Perhaps [iii] subsumes as a terminal illness?)

(November 2, 2016 at 3:22 am)Alex K Wrote: Welcome PGJ! Are you feeling allright?

By extension, I had a github reference  concerning my latest scientific research for section [E] in original post.
Such was removed by a moderator.

The reference was not a url, but existed in this form: (github~....~God)

Moderator does '(github~...~God)' classify as a url?

Edit: I have reviewed the 30/30 rule. I now recognize my error. (See my signature's second item for Scientific evidence of 'God' by an atheist, amidst my facebook profile page)
(November 2, 2016 at 3:26 am)ProgrammingGodJordan Wrote:

[...]
[ii] I haven't had a meaningful face to face conversation in all my 25 years. (Atheism is quite low in Jamaica)
[iii] Due to [ii] I may be dying inside.

My emphasis.

lol

I can't tell if you're trolling, joking or serious. I'm hoping it's the second one.

So.... Jordan. I personally don't think anything non-omnipotent and non-omniscient that didn't create the universe is worthy of being called "God". I consider a "God" to be a supernatural deity and such things do not exist.

Perhaps one day there will be godlike artificial intelligences... but they will not be "Gods" as far as I'm concerned.

It's similar, perhaps, to how I don't consider mere normal human willpower "free will". If it was I think the whole free will debate wouldn't exist in the first place. The compatabilists essentially came along after realizing we don't have free will and labelled the will we do have as "free will". Like "Oh fuck if the future is determined then there is no free will... nevermind let's call the normal human freedom our will has "free will" anyways even when "free will" refered to freedom from determinism."

Like... labelling things that aren't god "god" doesn't make those things god any more than labelling our wills "free will" makes our wills free will Tongue

And labelling quantum "empty" space teeming with activity as "nothing" doesn't mean the universe came from nothing... Tongue

And calling what we now call atoms "atoms" doesn't make them indivisible which is what "atom" originally meant Tongue

Anyways, Welcome to the forums! I shall give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're a genuine member however trollish you seem. Don't break the rules, enjoy AF and stick around [emoji106]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I drank too much wine... and now I shall grace you all with my unstable presence. Anatheist 42 8162 May 20, 2015 at 9:41 am
Last Post: Regina
  Atheistic Muslim GSARider 15 4146 February 5, 2009 at 11:08 am
Last Post: GSARider