Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheistic Muslim
Atheistic Muslim
Hi ladies & gents, I'm based in Kent in the UK. Over the past ten years I've struggled with the idea of religion and decided it was totally nonsensical about two years back.

I was brought up muslim, but I guess I never really 'understood'. I recall getting into trouble many times when I was young, for asking questions that no one wanted to answer - such as why was I being taught to read the Koran in Arabic, without actually being taught the meaning of the words...Thinking

Anyhow I'm most definitely a practising biker and rather fervent on the subject, however I'm not judgemental about you lesser mortals that use four wheels...Big Grin

[Image: 5243.jpg]
RE: Atheistic Muslim
Welcome to the forum GSARider. It is nice to have some more different views on Islam, preferably by someone who did more than just look at the Koran like me.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Cheers Leo, I look forward to participating in discussions and hopefully expanding my own knowledge.
(January 31, 2009 at 6:52 pm)GSARider Wrote: Hi ladies & gents, I'm based in Kent in the UK. Over the past ten years I've struggled with the idea of religion and decided it was totally nonsensical about two years back.

I was brought up muslim, but I guess I never really 'understood'. I recall getting into trouble many times when I was young, for asking questions that no one wanted to answer - such as why was I being taught to read the Koran in Arabic, without actually being taught the meaning of the words...Thinking

Anyhow I'm most definitely a practising biker and rather fervent on the subject, however I'm not judgemental about you lesser mortals that use four wheels...Big Grin

[Image: 5243.jpg]

I am presuming here that you are a lot younger than me....most people are, sadly.
But I was a mod in the 60's, had a scooter, LI 150 c/w mirrors, fur etc.etc. and as a mod I had to fight bikers! That wasn't clearly explained either!
Anyway, welcome to the forum.
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
Perhaps a tad younger at 41...the mods vs rockers thing still lingers...mostly by ignoring scooters if you're a biker and vice versa...!

Thanks for the welcome.
Hey there! Maybe I'll learn a bit about Islam from you while you're here. I don't know much about it so, it's very interesting for me.

Anyways welcome to our little home!
http://ca.youtube.com/user/DemonAuraProductions - Check out my videos if you have spare time.
Agnostic
Atheist
I Evolved!
welcome! it's nice to have a new member with a religious history different from most members on this forum.
I think you will like it here. I know I do Big Grin
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful with out having to believe there are fairies at the bottom of it to?" -Douglas Adams.Heart
Pastafarian
I Evolved!
Hi and thanks for the welcome.Smile
We lose some members, we gain some members. Welcome to the forums!
Welcome GSARider! So your Atheistic muslim, that probably don't make you so popluar in USA right? Big Grin

Anyway you are in good company with other british that are members here, seems like most athesit come from there. Must be the dull weather that make everyone so philosophical (if that's correctly spelled). Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi there. Ex-muslim in Bangladesh AAzan 28 7104 March 3, 2018 at 12:30 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  'God' is likely atheistic (I, an atheist, shall likely become a 'God', no trolling) ProgrammingGodJordan 26 4173 November 3, 2016 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: ProgrammingGodJordan
  An Ex-Muslim Within Muslims Defender 23 2602 October 20, 2016 at 1:09 am
Last Post: Defender
Brick Hello all, Ex-Muslim here. Qtian 19 3001 June 14, 2014 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Hai! Ex muslim atheist from indonesia here! :) Murtaddin 31 7493 April 21, 2014 at 5:28 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Hello I'm a Muslim ska88 47 10694 January 5, 2014 at 6:17 am
Last Post: Rayaan
  Is he a Muslim? tiredofreligion 50 7689 August 21, 2013 at 1:30 am
Last Post: Whateverist
Wink A New Muslim member Muslim Scholar 44 9158 February 27, 2013 at 1:54 am
Last Post: Nobody
Video Message From A Former Muslim apostasin 10 3694 July 23, 2012 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Norfolk And Chance
  Use to be Muslim, Guess what I am now? Zamario 11 3306 October 29, 2010 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Zamario