Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uh....hello?
Uh....hello?
Hey, glad to find this forum (other than the freaking 12 character password requirement...really?) of likeminded folks.  While there's a decent chance I'm voluntarily signing up for a purge list being collected by Michael Flynn, I'm hopeful my Scandinavian heritage will save me in the end.

I'm adept at making people uncomfortable.  My wife, a Christian, loves to bring up religion when we have friends over to the house.  I think half of this because she's afraid to admit I've rubbed off on her and she likes to hear me reassure her newfound, closeted atheism and the other half is because she likes to watch me make people squirm.  I don't look at atheism as a means of belittling christians, but I've learned that many christians are not accustomed to their beliefs being challenged and, well, if I make them squirm a bit, then I did my job.

I'm a 40yo white dude from Georgia, married with 3 kids.  My wife, as mentioned, is christian.  My daughter (11) is christian.  My two boys (20 & 15) are atheist.  We don't discuss religion much at home and, given my wife and I's differences of belief, we do a decent job of letting the kids make up their own minds.

I look forward to spending some time with you all discussing things that, at least here in GA, are difficult to discuss with people.
RE: Uh....hello?
Welcome from Krautistan
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

welcome
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Welcome to the forum, thanks for telling us about yourself Smile
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Welcome from Scotland.
Oh hai. Welcome from [REDACTED]
Welcome.

Why do I feel uncomfortable?

hehe
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Welcome!

The 12 character password requirement is because our overlord is a white hat hacker nerd.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(November 26, 2016 at 2:36 am)mmmmmbeeer Wrote: Hey, glad to find this forum (other than the freaking 12 character password requirement...really?)

Well it is for your acc safety. Tiberius is big on that.

Welcome
Welcome!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5990 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3647 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates