Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 vote recount?
2016 vote recount?
It started here, with Trump lying in a tweet:

Quote:In addition to winning the Electoral College in a landslide, I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally

And then, "there was a movement for a recount in the states of Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania."

Clinton joined the vote recount.

Quote:Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton’s truce and efforts to “come together” after their bitter White House race appeared to fray this weekend when Clinton joined in a vote recount effort that the President-elect assailed in a series of Tweets Sunday.

And of course, "Donald Trump is making a strong case for a recount of his own 2016 election win."

Quote:On Sunday morning, President-elect Donald Trump assured us all that a recount of the 2016 election wouldn't change the outcome and was a waste of resources.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: 2016 vote recount?
Well, it might change the outcome. Of course, the pope might also convert to Mormonism.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I hope that Lily Tomlin is in charge.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
One ringy-dingy...

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I bet the drumpfucks start buying more guns just in case it turns out that Drumpf's asshole buddy Putin did fuck up the election!
wish they would stop replaying Hillary footage where she is decrying Trump not accepting election results as she is now not accepting election results

(although it is nice to have gone a couple weeks with nary a mention of the fucking email server)
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

It would be really nice if things changed and he wasn't going to be president but I have no hope or expectations for that.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
Both Clinton and Stein have said they aren't challenging the results, but attempting to boost voter confidence in the outcome, which is probably true, as the chances of changing the outcome are slim to none. They have also both said there is no evidence of voter fraud, again, this is just to quiet the public outcry. Trump is the only one claiming that there were million of illegal votes cast.
But hey, when does the news ever report the truth when a juicy headline gets more views?
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
it would be nice if things are just reported and same criteria are used to evaluate each report

Trump not accepting results = bad

Hillary doing the same = good

I don't need the fucking media adding their $0.02, I can figure out the good and bad angle all by myself.

And I have enormous incentive to do so: avoid fucking repeating the fucking crap that got Trump fucking elected in the first fucking place.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

There were three counties in WI where Trump got more votes than there were registered voters. That's a good enough reason for a recount. And a serious investigation of whether it was a glitch or successful vote tampering.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earning the Vote FrustratedFool 111 4256 November 9, 2023 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Kevin McCarthy loses 6th vote for Speaker Brian37 111 4714 January 7, 2023 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1385 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Would you vote for a Scientologist? Fake Messiah 19 893 March 14, 2021 at 12:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Want to sell more guns? Vote ( D ) onlinebiker 145 7497 February 26, 2021 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Lincoln Project/Vote Vets ad, featuring Sully..... Brian37 18 1281 September 30, 2020 at 3:58 am
Last Post: Sal
  Save The Vote - NOTA onlinebiker 18 691 September 29, 2020 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Vote Blue, no matter who Foxaèr 45 2927 February 9, 2020 at 5:31 am
Last Post: Prime Time
  Vote Blue No Matter Who! Foxaèr 18 1338 June 30, 2019 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Who Would You Vote for, Trump or Saunders? Rhondazvous 61 5214 June 26, 2019 at 8:07 am
Last Post: Athene