Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 3:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Islam: one symbol of oppression
Islam: one symbol of oppression
[Image: 15492119_235248043575226_835532833286618...e=58EB9C4C]

Any social group live within a set of principles. From my experience as a child who was raised in a Muslim country, I was forced to be compatible within a set of Islamic rules that are highly motivated by religious teachings. Many discussions have been around about Islam as a religion or Islam as a society, but someone cannot judge without having an experience on an issue that's been manipulated by the increasing talks and rumors circulating around it. Religion though is a form of submission to a divine, so no matter what religion we're speaking of, submission is a prerequisite to be called a believer in this or that religion. Islam is no different, the acceptance of Allah is a form of submission that graduates to oppression. 

The real pillar problem of Islam is the set of rules that force the individual to submit not only to a divine, but also to give up a complete set of fundamental elements that should not be linked to another force. For example, Muslims submit to Sharia law and Sharia forces Muslims to give up their perception on different matters and take whatever is stated in that Sharia. It’s not that rare to see Muslims advocating Sharia, meanwhile, if you lead an investigation to check their understanding of Sharia rules, you’ll find a fog filling the atmosphere. That’s very interesting fact that can be checked by anyone who experienced some interaction with Muslims. It’s not the people that we should concentrate on, it’s the ideology that leads to unprecedented human behavior. Any ideology can be one of three: a peaceful one or violent one or even a mixture of both. We cannot judge unless we witness the outcome of pursuing a certain belief. To make the argument sensible, presumably I claimed that Buddhists are destructive and violent in an interconnected world. It’s obvious that Buddhists aren’t destructive or violent at least in terms of their ideology. Then we can say that Buddhists are generally peaceful or Buddhism isn’t destructive or violent as someone might think, something with obvious outcomes. If a Muslim shouted: “Islam is peaceful” in the face of my previous argument, I suspect the reader will crack down laughing given the opposite outcomes of the Muslim ideology which expands from east to west. The Muslim ideology that encourages the killings of those who show some sides that don’t fit within the standards of Islam which not coincidentally are considered philosophically by Muslims as the standards of the normal human entity.

The suggestions that Islam can be dissected to reverse engineer it was blown up by the contemporary incidents ranging from the Islamic revolutions all the way to the Islamic Caliphate in Iraq and previously in some parts of Syria. The challenge is not to fight the ideology in its hometown, it’s how to keep it there. If we take the metaphor of the poisonous gas when the wind blows, the gas will travel to your neighborhood and if something can reach a destiny to some visible degree that it can be sensed, what prevents it from extending far beyond our limited predictability? In fact, Islam did spread across many different continents and violence was a key factor contributing to that spread and the possibility of it breaking instead of knocking our doors is imminent. 

RE: Islam: one symbol of oppression
You make a very rational and clear argument. I applaud you for the courage to leave a religion that you were practically forced into from birth (being you were born in a predominantly muslim country.) My views on Islam and the West are quite simple. It's all based in sharia, as you stated. As someone who is currently studying all authentic hadiths and the Qu'ran (studying for a report), I notice how Sharia is rooted in the climate of the Middle East in the time it was conceived. The restrictions on food and who to marry, as well as age of consent, were all rooted in the oppressive nature of Pagan Arabia. I agree that stopping Islam's spread to the west as a norm is important, as I would much rather have the bible-thumping Christians then the outright vengeful Islamic faith. I recommend bringing up this authentic hadith when debating apologists. It's one that most Muslims find hard to avoid, as it refers to the life of the "perfect" Muhammad. Cheers!
https://www.sunnah.com/bukhari/86/32
Paul was a misogynist: A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 1st Timothy 2:11-13

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One cool thing about Christianity and Islam Edge92 55 3466 June 4, 2021 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  If there are no gods, doesn't making one's self a god make one a theist? Foxaèr 13 3609 May 26, 2017 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod