Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 7:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One cool thing about Christianity and Islam
One cool thing about Christianity and Islam
They atleast removed human sacrifices

And you get to carry a cross and scimitar on the way aswell. Thats pretty cool! The bad thing. Devotion culture prevented scientific progress. Mainly thanks to Catholicism and Sunni Islam. Meanwhile Protestantism and Secularism laid foundation for Work culture. So it all depend on the culture in the end
RE: One cool thing about Christianity and Islam
(June 4, 2021 at 1:27 pm)Edge92 Wrote: They atleast removed human sacrifices

And you get to carry a cross and scimitar on the way aswell. Thats pretty cool! The bad thing. Devotion culture prevented scientific progress. Mainly thanks to Catholicism and Sunni Islam. Meanwhile Protestantism and Secularism laid foundation for Work culture. So it all depend on the culture in the end

You really think these religions don't sacrifice human beings? Really?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 4, 2021 at 1:43 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

You really think these religions don't sacrifice human beings? Really?

Boru

What does boru mean?

Well not unless they were accused of witchcraft. Consensual human sacrifice is just degenerate and crap so good for them that they removed it
(June 4, 2021 at 1:45 pm)Edge92 Wrote:
(June 4, 2021 at 1:43 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: You really think these religions don't sacrifice human beings? Really?

Boru

What does boru mean?

Well not unless they were accused of witchcraft. Consensual human sacrifice is just degenerate and crap so good for them that they removed it

Nonsense. These loonies sacrifice people every day.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 4, 2021 at 1:46 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(June 4, 2021 at 1:45 pm)Edge92 Wrote: What does boru mean?

Nonsense. These loonies sacrifice people every day.

Boru

theocracy or communism? If the argument is who is the biggest ideological killer?

It wasnt (A) Religion or Atheism. It was the systematic ideology. If thats what you are refering too
(June 4, 2021 at 1:52 pm)Edge92 Wrote:
(June 4, 2021 at 1:46 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Nonsense. These loonies sacrifice people every day.

Boru

theocracy or communism? If the argument is who is the biggest ideological killer?

It wasnt (A) Religion or Atheism. It was the systematic ideology. If thats what you are refering too

It's got bugger all to do with communism. Religions gleefully murder people because they imagine that's what God wants. This is human sacrifice, and you're very stupid.

Boru
Can I put $300 on bacteria for the win?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(June 4, 2021 at 1:55 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(June 4, 2021 at 1:52 pm)Edge92 Wrote: theocracy or communism? If the argument is who is the biggest ideological killer?

It's got bugger all to do with communism. Religions gleefully murder people because they imagine that's what God wants. This is human sacrifice, and you're very stupid.

Boru

You`ve been watching too much HBO and True Blood.
(June 4, 2021 at 2:16 pm)Edge92 Wrote:
(June 4, 2021 at 1:55 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: It's got bugger all to do with communism. Religions gleefully murder people because they imagine that's what God wants. This is human sacrifice, and you're very stupid.

Boru

You`ve been watching too much HBO and True Blood.

Never seen ‘True Blood’.

And you’re still very stupid.

Boru

Is that you, Emile?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing about religious (and other) people and the illusion of free will ShinyCrystals 265 11397 December 6, 2023 at 12:21 am
Last Post: Harry Haller
  Isn’t pantheism the same thing as atheism? Ferrocyanide 177 10219 January 1, 2022 at 2:36 am
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Jesus and Mary, In Catholicism and Islam Ahriman 32 1907 August 25, 2021 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Ahriman
  Is Christianity Inherently Supportive Of Slavery And Misogyny? BrianSoddingBoru4 335 22085 August 23, 2021 at 5:21 am
Last Post: GUBU
  My take on Christianity - Judaism - Islam Mystic 32 6573 November 14, 2018 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Reltzik
  My decoversion and back to Islam. Mystic 34 4247 October 18, 2018 at 11:41 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  ISIS is to Islam as the KKK is to Christianity Foxaèr 94 15571 September 25, 2018 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  You can be an immorale person and still promote christianity Kimba 12 1783 June 30, 2018 at 8:42 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Was Christianity started to control the masses and dictate poltical agendas GODZILLA 126 21898 April 17, 2018 at 2:16 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Being Catholic isn't an ethnic thing. Joods 0 788 March 12, 2018 at 8:36 am
Last Post: Joods