Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Will God do about People with Multiple Personality Disorder?
What Will God do about People with Multiple Personality Disorder?
The question occurred to me because I'm about to read Sybil.

whether Christian or Muslim. whether salvation by faith or works, the question comes up. One personality is Christian, one is Muslim, one has faith in Jesus, one is atheist, one does very good things to people and one does very bad things. If all these personalities exist in one body, how does a god decide whether to send them to heaven or hell?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: What Will God do about People with Multiple Personality Disorder?
(December 25, 2016 at 6:50 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: The question occurred to me because I'm about to read Sybil.

whether Christian or Muslim. whether salvation by faith or works, the question comes up.  One personality is Christian, one is Muslim, one has faith in Jesus, one is atheist, one does very good things to people and one does very bad things. If all these personalities exist in one body, how does a god decide whether to send them to heaven or hell?

Simple! God clones the person, and gives each and every personality their own body. 

Then he sends them all to HELL because none of them are Mormon.

[Image: mormons.png?height=165]
A Gemma is forever.
@Gemini LOL should have emptied my bladder before reading. Oh well.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

--Voltaire

Split personalities are demons, of course. He exorcises the demons, and lets you into heaven.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I believe god needs some pigs to remove demons. And then the pigs run off with the demons.

Somehow . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

God finds a psychopath with a gun and sets up a speed date.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(December 25, 2016 at 6:50 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: The question occurred to me because I'm about to read Sybil.

whether Christian or Muslim. whether salvation by faith or works, the question comes up. One personality is Christian, one is Muslim, one has faith in Jesus, one is atheist, one does very good things to people and one does very bad things. If all these personalities exist in one body, how does a god decide whether to send them to heaven or hell?

When it comes to psychotic mental illness, each person is taken on a case by case basis, and it just depends on whether or not the "bad" is done while the person is fully aware of what they are doing. Much like our justice system tries to do with "innocent for reason of insanity."
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(December 25, 2016 at 8:18 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: When it comes to psychotic mental illness, each person is taken on a case by case basis, and it just depends on whether or not the "bad" is done while the person is fully aware of what they are doing.  Much like our justice system tries to do with "innocent for reason of insanity."

And if god finds that one personality is innocent but another is guilty, how does he send each to his just reward?

--Voltaire

God will do, in His goodness and mercy, what He has always done. Make a just and loving decision and treat the poor unfortunate with boundless compassion.....

pffffffffffffffffffff. Sorry couldn't keep a straight face. Gemini's right, of course - God sends everyone to hell.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 25, 2016 at 9:53 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote:
(December 25, 2016 at 8:18 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: When it comes to psychotic mental illness, each person is taken on a case by case basis, and it just depends on whether or not the "bad" is done while the person is fully aware of what they are doing.  Much like our justice system tries to do with "innocent for reason of insanity."

And if god finds that one personality is innocent but another is guilty, how does he send each to his just reward?

We're talking here about a person with a psychotic illness. It's not each "personality" thay gets judged. It's the person themselves.

As I said, much like our justice system evaluates a person's condition to determine their awareness and thus their guilt, so too will God.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How and why can people ignore their God’s immoral ways? Greatest I am 129 19428 November 27, 2017 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Cod
  People assuming you believe in a God Der/die AtheistIn 35 10203 July 19, 2017 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Do people hate the actual belief in God, or just the religious organizations? goombah111 101 25432 November 14, 2016 at 4:19 am
Last Post: goombah111
  Why do religious people always refer to God for answers. Prince 12 3687 June 1, 2015 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Is God really real or are people simply deluded? RobertE 117 18119 March 14, 2015 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: IATIA
  Dissociative identity disorder: Spooky 27 10324 January 19, 2015 at 7:00 am
Last Post: VAN BELLE Jean Marc
  Should people marry? It seems that God would forbid it. Greatest I am 11 2690 December 22, 2014 at 5:58 am
Last Post: robvalue
  To The Religious People...Can God See Sin? Nope 30 7161 December 3, 2014 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19331 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  Why do people continue to believe in god? Dystopia 20 3476 July 9, 2014 at 6:22 pm
Last Post: Whateverist