Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:13 am

Poll: Where do they go?
This poll is closed.
Heaven.
37.50%
3 37.50%
Hell.
62.50%
5 62.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dissociative identity disorder:
Dissociative identity disorder:
Formerly known as multiple personality disorder.

Even though more than two distinct personalities are possible, for ease we'll just say two.

One is a Christian, "saved" and the whole package. The other is an Atheist, and -because christians seem to hate them so much - a homosexual. One should obviously go to heaven, the other hell.

The body dies. What do you suppose happens?
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
RE: Dissociative identity disorder:
Everyone goes to heaven... only to find that they're dead. Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(January 9, 2015 at 11:28 am)Spooky Wrote: Formerly known as multiple personality disorder.

Even though more than two distinct personalities are possible, for ease we'll just say two.

One is a Christian, "saved" and the whole package. The other is an Atheist, and -because christians seem to hate them so much - a homosexual. One should obviously go to heaven, the other hell.

The body dies. What do you suppose happens?

I do not see any problem about this: When you are 'forced' to believe something, your belief is not valid either. So you think someone born in a moslim country, or with atheist parents, would be condemned to go to hell?

That is ancient belief of people who do not think about everything, who do not look in other beliefs to check whether it is consistent what they 'believe in'.

A person with a DID remains a person, you can call him 'we' even, as well as i oftenly call myself 'we' because i feel comfortable with a lot of types in 'the' Enneagram you find on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enneagram_of_Personality

My story about hell and heaven is the following, but believe your own thing if you cannot attach it to your own memories and what you've gone thrue:

1. If someone dies, you remember that person with 'aging' anymore, without changing, getting older, sicker...
2. If someone dies (like i did when i was a small kid), you start with deep sorrow and then with an extreme deep feeling of 'rest'. That is the reason that i promised to do my utterly best the rest of my life, which is already a very long time since then now. So i will keep at moment of dying the same level also as you knew me for me as i know myself now. So for me, yes, it is heaven, because i live in heaven (though i had to pass 7 hells in life to get from one hell to another heaven to the next hell and so on...

But remember, this is how my lives all got together in one live (i do not see lives before my bearth and am a very, almost extreme rational being), and i learned that everyone has to check all information with himself, with herself, with itself.

3. If there would be nothing when dying, i would be even more glad. Then there is nothing to worry and also then i would have made the same promise to to a little bit... more... enormeously my best in regards with other 'normal' people... Being atheist or not makes NO difference towards my dying. It perhaps makes a change with living.

+je
1. If i step backwards, i am preparing to jump.
2. If you will not do it, i will.
3. I have never met a person who does not believe (in some...thing)
Quote:The body dies. What do you suppose happens?

Nothing.
What happens to the snowflake when it melts?

The good news is that there isn't any eternal torment. The bad news is that there isn't any eternal anything else either. Or a soul to be be eternal for that matter.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
I remember matt D mentioning a "split brain" person, who had to have the two sides of their brain separated to save their life. One half became an atheist, and the other half theist. True story, I believe.

I've no idea how the arbitrary religious rules would handle this! Some kind of magical split probably, or else damn the whole for the sins of a part.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
An individual is either entirely saved or not. Intermediate or hybrid states would constitute an unsaved condition.

This Religion 101 moment has been brought to you by B&B Mushrooms.
well they are going to hell i mean if souls existed why split a soul in half.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(January 9, 2015 at 8:22 pm)dyresand Wrote: well they are going to hell i mean if souls existed why split a soul in half.

Cause you can't eat it all at once?
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
For folks in the catholic orbit suffering from the aforementioned maladies, it is incumbent upon them to seek out the CORRECT shrine and/or saint BEFORE they die to effect the appropriate miraculous healing.

Protestants, apparently, are fucked in this regard.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Will God do about People with Multiple Personality Disorder? Rhondazvous 43 6612 January 1, 2017 at 7:14 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Religious identity Longhorn 8 2288 August 5, 2015 at 3:59 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Clues for the identity of the Antichrist professor 109 29912 October 22, 2013 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: Justtristo
  Religion and identity (and some other things) Mystic 0 1631 April 28, 2012 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Religious disorder passionatefool 40 9220 January 23, 2012 at 2:29 pm
Last Post: Blam!
  Identity medviation 12 3236 October 3, 2011 at 6:28 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko