Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dave Allen on religion
Dave Allen on religion
[youtube]jxo81Ok9Urk[/youtube]

LOL
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
RE: Dave Allen on religion
Nuns - if you don't love God they'll nail you to a cross. Wink
(September 11, 2010 at 4:38 pm)lrh9 Wrote: Nuns - if you don't love God they'll nail you to a cross. Wink

Yup,that sounds like the convent schools I went to from ages 5 to 11. Crucifictions were rare. Usually all they did was to belt you on the back of the bare legs with the cane handle of a feather duster,or a nice strong piece of electrical cable,about the thickness of my little finger. Seldom actually drew blood.

That type and severity of corporal punishment was an accepted teaching aide in what passed for Catholic education up to the late 1960's,pretty much all over the world.Angry
(September 11, 2010 at 7:26 pm)padraic Wrote:
(September 11, 2010 at 4:38 pm)lrh9 Wrote: Nuns - if you don't love God they'll nail you to a cross. Wink

Yup,that sounds like the convent schools I went to from ages 5 to 11. Crucifictions were rare. Usually all they did was to belt you on the back of the bare legs with the cane handle of a feather duster,or a nice strong piece of electrical cable,about the thickness of my little finger. Seldom actually drew blood.

That type and severity of corporal punishment was an accepted teaching aide in what passed for Catholic education up to the late 1960's,pretty much all over the world.Angry

Maybe you were just a bad little Catholic and refused the priest. Big Grin
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Quote:Maybe you were just a bad little Catholic and refused the priest.

THAT is too close to the bone to be funny. (if you'll pardon the expression)Angel
(September 11, 2010 at 9:23 pm)padraic Wrote:
Quote:Maybe you were just a bad little Catholic and refused the priest.

THAT is too close to the bone to be funny. (if you'll pardon the expression)Angel

Haha sorry.
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Thanks for that, I'm sick and you nearly made me cough out my lung!
One thing that religion is guaranteed to give you ...illness!!!

No sorry to hear pad....and yes I can empathise with you.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dave Matthews - Crash Into Me orogenicman 0 785 April 23, 2013 at 7:27 am
Last Post: orogenicman
  Dave Allen meets god Norfolk And Chance 0 892 September 7, 2012 at 4:11 pm
Last Post: Norfolk And Chance
  Woody Allen Jesus downbeatplumb 1 1025 December 23, 2011 at 8:06 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Lily Allen: Fuck You (Very Very Much) - Hungarian Artists Against Homophobia Samson 15 4112 January 15, 2010 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: Ashes1995
  Woody Allen Edwardo Piet 6 3012 April 12, 2009 at 6:27 am
Last Post: Kyuuketsuki