Play "Cards Against Atheist Forums" online now!
Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: 20th July 2017, 12:40

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Dyson Sphere under construction?
#51
RE: Dyson Sphere under construction?
While there aren't as many F type stars as there are G type stars, there are still many, many F type stars to compare this odd one to, and it really is doing something . . .


um . . .




uh . . .





odd.
The problem with 90% of the politicians is they make the other 10% look bad.



























Reply
#52
RE: Dyson Sphere under construction?
Sorry if this has been posted before, but Wikipedia has been doing a pretty good job of keeping up-to-date on this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KIC_8462852

Note that there is an ongoing event!  (See near the end of the article.)
Reply
#53
RE: Dyson Sphere under construction?
I noted the new event here 5/20, btw.


Also, a new idea is being proposed, a large planetary type object with a massive ring system (unusual, but not unique) in a fairly long 12 year (m/l) orbit, and the object has considerable materials co-orbitally arranged in the leading and trailing Trojan positions.

The idea posits the 'odd' dimmings will at some point repeat in sequence as the object and it's Trojan retinue complete more (~12 year?) orbits around it's F-type star.  And additionally, to clarify, the ringed planetary object and it's Trojan materials will produce dimmings of the F-type star as they pass in front of it (as seen from earth) and there may be other light curve effects seen as the objects pass around the far side of their orbit and are in turn aligned behind the F-type star.



And I will add, if the F type star's system has considerable 'endemic' debris, maybe there is another planetary object in a similar configuration also in the system, so there maybe a couple of patterns of dimmings intertwined.  I suppose a 'largish' object in a 'horseshoe' orbit with the (theorized) massive ringed planetary object wouldn't be ruled out yet either.  The gist of all this is, the system might contain an unusual combination of things we've seen before, but in that one system, making it difficult to tease out what is going on.
The problem with 90% of the politicians is they make the other 10% look bad.



























Reply
#54
RE: Dyson Sphere under construction?
(24th May 2017, 19:36)vorlon13 Wrote: I noted the new event here 5/20, btw.


Also, a new idea is being proposed, a large planetary type object with a massive ring system (unusual, but not unique) in a fairly long 12 year (m/l) orbit, and the object has considerable materials co-orbitally arranged in the leading and trailing Trojan positions.

The idea posits the 'odd' dimmings will at some point repeat in sequence as the object and it's Trojan retinue complete more (~12 year?) orbits around it's F-type star.  And additionally, to clarify, the ringed planetary object and it's Trojan materials will produce dimmings of the F-type star as they pass in front of it (as seen from earth) and there may be other light curve effects seen as the objects pass around the far side of their orbit and are in turn aligned behind the F-type star.



And I will add, if the F type star's system has considerable 'endemic' debris, maybe there is another planetary object in a similar configuration also in the system, so there maybe a couple of patterns of dimmings intertwined.  I suppose a 'largish' object in a 'horseshoe' orbit with the (theorized) massive ringed planetary object wouldn't be ruled out yet either.  The gist of all this is, the system might contain an unusual combination of things we've seen before, but in that one system, making it difficult to tease out what is going on.

I predict there will be Ph.D.s.
Reply
#55
RE: Dyson Sphere under construction?
it's how we learn things (failing divine revelation)
The problem with 90% of the politicians is they make the other 10% look bad.



























Reply
#56
RE: Dyson Sphere under construction?
(24th May 2017, 19:42)vorlon13 Wrote: it's how we learn things (failing divine revelation)

Concur. I spent 14 years at Purdue and managed to avoid getting a Ph.D.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kalam argument under attack Surgenator 34 4550 10th February 2015, 05:02
Last Post: Alex K
  Olympus sized vulcano found under the pacific. Anomalocaris 5 2255 11th September 2013, 01:34
Last Post: Minimalist



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)