Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think I'm starting to recognize the real issue with American politics now
I think I'm starting to recognize the real issue with American politics now
Let me start that I HATE and I cannot stress that enough; HATE Donald Trump!!! However, I have noticed many Liberals are pretty much doing the same exact thing Republicans did with regards to Obama. Essentially sharing obviously fake stories from uncredible sources. 

The fact of the matter people are way too biased with their views. I am part of a few Anti-Trump Facebook groups and I notice people complaining about celebs who are endorsing Trump and such. And they lose their shit and call for a boycott of said celeb. Yes, I have no issue with protesting with your wallet; but why be such babies about it? I can bet you 99% surety that if the election results were just the other way around Liberals would be defending the electoral college while Republicans would obviously be contesting it. 

I was texting a buddy of mine who like me voted 3rd party. He was telling me how despite what people may think or have been told the president really doesn't have much of an impact on our lives as we'd like to think. Yes, Trump is a bad bad man and has no business being president. However, I've learned to accept it and just move on and wait for him to screw up or make fun of his stupidity. In all reality it's really congress who has an affect on very few of our lives, it's just the tip of the ice-berg.

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
RE: I think I'm starting to recognize the real issue with American politics now
99% of humans are complete idiots. That's all there is to say, really. They make up trump supporters, and they make up anti-trumpers.
(January 14, 2017 at 4:29 am)It_Was_me Wrote: Let me start that I HATE and I cannot stress that enough; HATE Donald Trump!!! However, I have noticed many Liberals are pretty much doing the same exact thing Republicans did with regards to Obama. Essentially sharing obviously fake stories from uncredible sources. 

The fact of the matter people are way too biased with their views. I am part of a few Anti-Trump Facebook groups and I notice people complaining about celebs who are endorsing Trump and such. And they lose their shit and call for a boycott of said celeb. Yes, I have no issue with protesting with your wallet; but why be such babies about it? I can bet you 99% surety that if the election results were just the other way around Liberals would be defending the electoral college while Republicans would obviously be contesting it. 

I was texting a buddy of mine who like me voted 3rd party. He was telling me how despite what people may think or have been told the president really doesn't have much of an impact on our lives as we'd like to think. Yes, Trump is a bad bad man and has no business being president. However, I've learned to accept it and just move on and wait for him to screw up or make fun of his stupidity. In all reality it's really congress who has an affect on very few of our lives, it's just the tip of the ice-berg.

You hope its fake news but with Trump....

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(January 14, 2017 at 4:29 am)It_Was_me Wrote: In all reality it's really congress who has an affect on very few of our lives, it's just the tip of the ice-berg.

That's an even worse prospect, isn't it?
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Just remember..  Your president gets to select a member of your supreme court in addition to many other court appointees.  That alone was enough reason to vote for Clinton for many of us Sanders supporters.

“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”

That's because they are hypocrites. Hilary lovers aren't left-wing anyway. They're centrists at best. They aren't "liberal" or "progressive" either. Hilary is a Republican masquerading as a "Democrat" (whatever a Democrat actually is, because the mainstream of the party doesn't really stand for anything). If you vote for anybody besides their anointed candidate you are worse than the devil himself. Because, you know, it sucks that we have elections rather than "selections".

Hilary gets supposedly left-wing people to defend the most insane things. Hillary supporters defend selling weapons to al-Saud because Hilary did so, they defend drone strikes because Hilary loves drone strikes and she gets them defend the cooperation state. If it's a Republican starting wars and being a crony capitalist then go crazy. But it's Hilary and damn we need our first female president no matter who it is. I can just imagine it was Eva Braun running for president and they still be like "she's a woman so you have to vote for her or else!"

(January 14, 2017 at 5:27 am)CanOfMountainDew Wrote: 99% of humans are complete idiots. That's all there is to say, really. They make up trump supporters, and they make up anti-trumpers.

And let me guess...you're one of the 1% that aren't complete idiots?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
The problem with US politics is many of us are to stupid to vote.

Not to say we don't vote although many of us don't, but rather we shouldn't be allowed to.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
@OP Of course we're all biased. We're human beings. That's practically a synonym for "bias." This should be clear from how silent most liberals are about Obama droning the shit out of innocent civilians.

The real problem today is that people have gone from people being bias with their interpretations of the facts to making up their own facts to fit their bias. We live in a world of Facebook news where you can completely shelter yourself from opposing opinions and any news that doesn't conform to your opinions can be dismissed as fake.

Oh, and you want a really good example of bias? All of the chest-pounding, jingoistic conservatives that think Obama made us look weak on the international stage suddenly don't care about Russia interfering with our elections and think it's fine for Trump to just bend over and let them go with no consequences. He's immediately presented with an opportunity to show how tough he is to other countries, and he's offering reach-arounds instead. And the people that whined about Obama not getting tough on Putin are fine with it.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
You seem to be focusing on the fact that Hilary was a woman and ignoring the fact that she was a competent and experienced member of government who would have made an excellent president.

As for Eva Braun, apart from her choice of man I don't understand your point. unless it was to say that someone with no political experience should not be given the reigns of power.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two things I want to talk about, politics wise ShinyCrystals 39 2184 September 23, 2023 at 6:39 am
Last Post: no one
  How does your WV inform your politics? FrustratedFool 142 6047 September 8, 2023 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  When Grown-Up Play Politics BrianSoddingBoru4 0 320 December 18, 2022 at 5:09 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why do we hate the American military institution? WinterHold 16 823 November 23, 2021 at 1:40 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The prospect of starting a family in today's economic system Macoleco 23 2247 October 3, 2021 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1324 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Our politics is for slaves and suckers. brokefree 12 707 June 10, 2021 at 6:42 am
Last Post: brewer
  I have some real politics for you. brokefree 6 463 June 10, 2021 at 1:48 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1602 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Politics and Twitter. Brian37 27 1203 May 6, 2021 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: Irreligious Atheist