Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mysterious Packages
Mysterious Packages
So in November, I was looking to find the perfect gift for one of my best friends, Mike. I always get him something Steelers related, since he is a Steelers fan as well, but this time I wanted to get him something different.

I stumbled across this website: The Mysterious Package Company.

For anyone who is slightly nerdy and thinks they could wait for a huge payoff, this is the absolute shit. Basically, they send an eerie, odd, or just plain berserk chain of letters and packages that tell a story. But the receiver never knows who sent it until the payoff at the end. It's a little expensive, but totally worth it. My buddy just posted on Facebook about it, asking what the fuck it is and why it is being sent to him, and it was the best thing that Facebook has ever brought me.

I bought him "The King in Yellow," a series of two letters, a package, and, finally, the reveal. The first letter was in an aged and dirty envelope, had a playbill to a play called "The King in Yellow," and had a weird hand scrawled letter about censorship. The second letter had the playbill in it, a cool necklace, and a newspaper clipping. The third delivery, which he just got and posted to FB about, is a package delivered in a wooden crate. It is the King himself, a creepy statue.

[Image: kiy3-s.jpg?1464561919]

How awesome is that?

The reveal comes in a few weeks. I cannot wait. The final letter wraps up the mystery, tells him who sent him the gift, and gives a little background on the story.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
RE: Mysterious Packages
Wow... that sounds like the film "The Game" with Michael Douglas... I bet they got the idea from that (worth a watch if you haven't seen it Smile) Wink
I love this company! I showed it to Tibby and really wanted to get one for myself to have some fun with, but we "agreed" that it's kind of pricey for just a random thing. Fuck my stupid, cheap heart.
(January 26, 2017 at 1:54 pm)Shell B Wrote: I love this company! I showed it to Tibby and really wanted to get one for myself to have some fun with, but we "agreed" that it's kind of pricey for just a random thing. Fuck my stupid, cheap heart.

It's totally worth it for a present for someone you know will enjoy it. $200 is a lot of money, but in two weeks, I will revel in how much it was worth it. My friend will be blowing up my phone.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(January 26, 2017 at 2:11 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote:
(January 26, 2017 at 1:54 pm)Shell B Wrote: I love this company! I showed it to Tibby and really wanted to get one for myself to have some fun with, but we "agreed" that it's kind of pricey for just a random thing. Fuck my stupid, cheap heart.

It's totally worth it for a present for someone you know will enjoy it. $200 is a lot of money, but in two weeks, I will revel in how much it was worth it. My friend will be blowing up my phone.

My bold.

If he hasn't been carted off by men in white coats before then... the only possible flaw in the plan Wink
At first I read "... this is absolute shit," missing the "the", and then I was confused about why you continued extolling the virtues.

English is weird, bruh.

But yeah that sounds really neat.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
(January 26, 2017 at 1:38 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: So in November, I was looking to find the perfect gift for one of my best friends, Mike. I always get him something Steelers related, since he is a Steelers fan as well, but this time I wanted to get him something different.

Uh-huh. Okay, Mike. So what do you- I mean your "friend" want to get?
I've heard of them - all good things.

Wonder if they cover NZ/Oz?
Dying to live, living to die.
For some reason I thought this was going to be a "is that a banana.....?" thing.

Looks like a hell of a lot of fun.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mysterious monolith found zebo-the-fat 35 1456 December 7, 2020 at 9:48 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Creed's Corner: A Collection of the Morbid, Mysterious, and Mrandom Creed of Heresy 110 14876 April 11, 2015 at 9:45 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  Pox Parties and Packages thesummerqueen 1 716 November 5, 2011 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye