Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Humbly Asking for Feedback
Humbly Asking for Feedback
So, I know these threads don't usually amount to much, but I'm kind of desperate to get feedback for a song I've written.  I know, I know, you're saying to yourself, "Who wants to listen to a song written by some dude on the internet?"  Well, the thing is, I can't tell if I like it or not.  I've completely lost perspective on this one after having listened to it over and over.  I just would like to know if I'm on the right track.  It's only five minutes long, so it won't take up your entire day to listen to it and say if you like it or not.  Besides, if you're holding a grudge against me for whatever reason, this is perfect way for you to get back at me.   Give it a listen and then shit on everything wrong with it.

Anyways, we'll see how this goes, but I figured I'd give it a shot.  I've got nothing to lose.  Oh, and please let me know if music like this isn't your cup of tea.  It's nice to have that context if you don't like it.

It's an ambient/electronic song that uses several digitally created acoustic sounds.  Please give it a listen...

Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
RE: Humbly Asking for Feedback
I'll listen when I get my headphones. I'm about to eat dinner though. This is a "you're not being ignored" place holder lol
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
"IT'S ALIVE!"

I like it.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
Hey dude, it's fine. Not only do I really like your music but I've shared my shitty music here on AF so don't worry about being some guy on the internet. I'm some guy on the internet too.
(February 18, 2017 at 8:32 pm)Exian Wrote: I'll listen when I get my headphones. I'm about to eat dinner though. This is a "you're not being ignored" place holder lol

That's cool. I sure wouldn't want you to listen to it on inferior speakers.

(February 18, 2017 at 8:34 pm)Sal Wrote: "IT'S ALIVE!"

I like it.

Thank you!

(February 18, 2017 at 8:37 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote: Hey dude, it's fine. Not only do I really like your music but I've shared my shitty music here on AF so don't worry about being some guy on the internet. I'm some guy on the internet too.

No, I know. I was just trying make a little joke about how I am well aware that this could be a complete waste of energy
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Well when you feel like making music, make music. And do it for yourself. And share as much as you like.

That's my advice.

I haven't felt like making any more music for a while now. I know I will eventually. I have no idea when but I will.

I get inspired when I'm super happy. I hear of people being creative to express their sadness but I really can't do that. When I'm sad I certainly don't feel like being creative.
Oh, I make lots of music. I just hesitate to share because I don't want to be an oversharer. I was waiting for the right moment, but maybe I should just say, "fuck it" and share everything.
Oh by the way, one thing that has cheered me up a bit.... yesterday I found out that Orbital reunited again this month and not only that but they're back for good this time.

(February 18, 2017 at 9:01 pm)Faith No More Wrote: Oh, I make lots of music.  I just hesitate to share because I don't want to be an oversharer.  I was waiting for the right moment, but maybe I should just say, "fuck it" and share everything.

I'm glad you can stay productive. My music starts to regress and get worse and worse quickly so I have to take a break and when I come back it's less contrived and flows better and I enjoy it more. I'd love to keep being productive without getting lazy and frustrated.
See, as I'm making a song, I'm also thinking about the next song. And I use it as an expression of my life and my problems, much like writing down a journal, only I find making music so much more satisfying. So I find a lot of fulfillment in making music and progressing into better songs with new styles and such.
Oh I'm very spontaneous. I just make music when I feel like it and arrange and write the song as I go. I certainly don't plan ahead.

But I don't really plan ahead about anything really, lol.

I wish I could be like that. Productive and organized. More power to you my friend Heart

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feedback appreciated Mr.Obvious 21 1075 November 22, 2018 at 1:55 am
Last Post: J a c k