Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magic now "president of basketball operations" at the Lakers
Magic now "president of basketball operations" at the Lakers
I'm heading to the L.A. convention center next month for a disability trade show, and it looks like they're in town vs. the Timberwolves at Staples. That would be my first NBA game. I only loosely follow the "Big Four" sports here in 'murrica. But it's fun to attend when I can.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/76364d11f...etball-ops

Quote:With the Los Angeles Lakers mired in the worst years in franchise history, owner Jeanie Buss has turned to Magic Johnson to lead them back to championship contention.
And she removed her own brother from his job to do it.
Jeanie Buss fired general manager Mitch Kupchak on Tuesday and put Johnson in charge of basketball operations. Jim Buss also was dismissed as the Lakers' executive vice president of basketball operations in a major shake-up of the struggling team's front office.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Time for basketball Foxaèr 2 167 January 29, 2024 at 4:00 pm
Last Post: Nanny
  An alternative to deliberate fouls in basketball? robvalue 21 1882 April 19, 2018 at 5:08 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome