Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time wasted
Time wasted
How much of your life was spent believing in religion?

I was fortunate enough to not buy into it at a very young age, but I also know that the road to becoming secular is different for many. Do you feel like you lost time you'll never get back? Or do you look back and feel no regrets?

Here is a music video from my channel that relates a bit to the subject of rejecting myths to appreciate reality.

Subscribe to Atheist News! Also, check out my latest video- Mass Effect Takes On Religion

https://www.youtube.com/c/AtheistNews
RE: Time wasted
I technically stopped believing when I was 8 or 9 but went through the motions until I was about 13.
Dying to live, living to die.
Not much.  I was eleven when I figured out that these holy joes were full of shit and 13 when I packed it in for good.
I've never been a believer.
About the same. Maybe understood the concept at 4 or 5. Left at 13.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I believed until I was 25. It's tough to say how much a child really believes, of course, but I started to really understand what my parents were pushing me into sometime in my teenage years. Everything from then to 25 involved a lot of time wasted on religion. It sickens me to think about how deep I was into that. I wish I had been a pothead instead.
Not sure I consider my time in Sunday school 'wasted'. Considering it was Midwestern US Methodism in the 60s, I can invoke a stricter viewpoint of Christerism from personal experience than, to date, any Christer I have ever seen posting here.

I'm not 'pimping' them when I note they are not doing it right; by my upbringing, they aren't. And we all know (their) God is eternal and unchanging, so any and all that come here with a (relative to my upbringing) slacker attitude, I know sincerely from my long hours in Sunday school, (their) God is definitely pissed off with their take on His requirements for fealty and piety.

And they are therefore damned by their own dogma, strictures, rules, commandments and edicts.

Nice payoff for my investment.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

The first twelve -- the last thirty-eight god-free.

Edit.

This was a bad post on my part.  With that said, I appreciate you making this thread and the meaningful replies of the other members.

LOL, I'll always be grateful for mom's rigid and unrelenting attitude (backed up at church too!) regarding the profound evil of remarriage following divorce. And when I was a kid, that was not an unusual sentiment. I recall 'no fault' divorce being controversial when it was being debated prior to it's legalization.

Another one of those things an 'Eternal and Unchanging' God should certainly have his panties in a wad about these days !!!!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many Atheist are also vote Republican from time to time? MattB 52 9592 July 18, 2015 at 12:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger