Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi All and thank you!
Hi All and thank you!
Hello everyone, my name is Sean and i'm 25 years old and a born again individual in the name of being free from religion... it's evil physiological torment that it has caused me is irreversible since i have to live w/ the fact I lead a "Christian" life for 24 years.

I've been lied to w/o explanation...this to me has been child abuse and I have finally made sense of it. I am a peaceful man and really want to be respected as the MAN i am w/ freely being an atheist. This is impossible in Very religious homes! There are so many of us that have to remain quiet to remain civil which is bearing down on me far too much lately...i am have to be mentally ready to handle the fact that all family/friends will see me as a unsaved, hell bound, individual...and that is so sad to think about

thank you all, look forward to these forums

-sean

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Hi All and thank you!
Welcome bro.

Rest easy knowing your the one not relying on non-demonstrable phenomenon to feel good about life Wink It's a truly liberating feeling, being rooted in reality.
hey, welcome!
[Image: siggy2_by_Cego_Colher.jpg]
Hello. Welcome to the real world. Smile
Hey and welcome to the forums.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Welcome. I assume by the oppression you describe in your first post that you are a fellow American. Am I right?
Yes, I am American, altho i do feel like descending from Islam would be much more frightening, but the mind still gets tarnished nonetheless.

I am so pleased to feel comfort in my free thinking and feel that much more vindicated in pursuing my life goals and positive choices. I will gladly join into my free thinking publicly once I am able to handle the loss of friends and family. Educating our youth about truth and choices is critical for our future so I am so pleased for you all! thank you

(September 20, 2010 at 8:48 am)Paul the Human Wrote: Welcome. I assume by the oppression you describe in your first post that you are a fellow American. Am I right?

Hi. Are you a Simpsons fan, judging by your username?
Trudging through endless religion one step at a time.
my last name is duff; therefore, i will be forever bound to the simpsons character "DUFFMAN"

and i have nooo probelm with that.... duffman can't breathe ooHHHH nNNoooo!

haha, so awesome

(September 20, 2010 at 5:52 pm)Nitsuj Wrote: Hi. Are you a Simpsons fan, judging by your username?

Welcome to the forums, duffman21!

I saw in the shoutbox that you're having trouble setting up your avatar?

If you haven't figured it out already, there should be a link that says "User CP" on the upper left of the forums. From there, look at the menu to the left, and one of the options will be "Edit Avatar" under the "Your Profile" section. From there, you can choose one from the gallery, or upload or direct the uploader to an image already on a site.

I hope this helps!
I like the way you think!
...But please stop thinking, it's not you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yeah you know what? Fuck it. Fuck God and fuck all religions. Gentle_Idiot 12 1461 October 12, 2022 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Hi all - new here is all.... val5662 15 2148 March 18, 2017 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  You all did it... Thank you Qwest 28 3685 December 12, 2015 at 9:01 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Hello, All You Good and Godless People! NoFaith2Burn4 18 3993 August 21, 2015 at 11:17 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  I drank too much wine... and now I shall grace you all with my unstable presence. Anatheist 42 8170 May 20, 2015 at 9:41 am
Last Post: Regina
  Thank God (hehe) I found you guys! lilkanyon 15 6819 February 24, 2012 at 11:27 am
Last Post: Nine
Thumbs Up HEY ALL Y'ALL Droppin' Loads 10 3930 September 22, 2009 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: Amphora