Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bit coin
Bit coin
anyone here ever used bitcoin?

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: Bit coin
Well I don't personally use them, but I have made a few apps and services that use bitcoins.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Oh hell no.

I don't even like debit cards.

Visa, cash or check is how I pay for things.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

And PayPal for fleabay!!!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I have but as far as bitcoin mining it's really not viable anymore unless you jumped on that bandwagon a few years ago.
But if you have the money and resources sure why the hell not. At this point you are better off making your own crypto currency
and spreading it around.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
I'm really interested in having a bitcoin account. Is there a "for dummies" walk-through I could use?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I have half a bitcoin. I used to have a whole one but I sold some and then used the rest to buy a load of furniture from overstock.com.
(March 11, 2017 at 9:40 pm)Stimbo Wrote: I'm really interested in having a bitcoin account. Is there a "for dummies" walk-through I could use?

Install a Bitcoin Wallet and you can generate one:

https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet

Be warned, if you actually put any Bitcoin in it, you'll have to keep the wallet file somewhere safe (i.e. backed up) because if your computer crashes and you lose the wallet file, you won't ever be able to access your Bitcoin again.
Sounds a bit like the Blue Monday crash of 2009.

Cheers for that, I'll give it a go.

Anyone got any money I can use?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Sorry, you need a bit of coin to buy bit coin.
I don't trust all that modern stuff.
I prefer to trade as I always have with bushels of hay and cows... Very safe! As the cows fattens, so does my profit.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can an 32-bit OS run on multiple 64-bit CPU cores? FlatAssembler 19 2444 March 5, 2020 at 1:28 pm
Last Post: FlatAssembler